News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

New SSW's On The 'Bay...

Started by timemachinewatch, November 26, 2011, 08:43:30 PM

timemachinewatch

Hi Everyone;

Yes, those that were selling on ebay were all mine. I am the sole and only source for these. Any others you see on there are resellers that bought from me. I have the last of the remaining NOS stock.
I'd like to offer them to guys here that can appreciate them exclusively, rather than sell them on ebay.
Surely a handful want to own one of the hardest and toughest Zodiacs to acquire...Lex sure did!

Now, to clear up a few ??
I've had some of these as well as the Astrographics since 2001, no I didn't buy from Costco.
The higher priced one on there...guess where he got it?   
Told me it was for "a couple friends"...right.

:compbr

That's the reason I'm thinking about not listing any more there.

The other one that's bidding is NOT a nos...it is USED
Look at the link removed...maybe LNIB, but not NEW like these.
There really isn't that many left, I will post on the FS forum here at a final set price
and it will be first come first served, and please no ebay resellers.
There won't be any more on ebay from me for awhile.

dmh

It looks as if you are 100% correct. Seems like all that sold on ebay came from you except the one you claim is used. It really is kind of easy to tell. The "used" one had the correct spring bar tool and all yours look to have a cheap Chinese tool. Why is that?

Also I don't understand what difference it makes what a buyer does with a watch after he pays for it? Seems to me he should be free to do with it as he pleases.

I will say, I do admire one aspect of your selling style. You sell a couple  on ebay for $1190. Then sell a couple for $1290 and come here and offer them to us for $1390. For you to net $1390 on ebay, you would have to sell them for $1590. I've been buying and selling for over 50 years.  I know how easy it is to come down on the price and how hard it is to go up on the price. You make it look easy. I commend you.
Best,
dmh

LexLoci

I sense that DMH is a disgruntled ebay competitor of timemachine, perhaps retired or unemployed? Such detailed tracking and analysis of timemachine's prior SSW auctions!!! Who else has that kind of time? Moreover, who bloody cares???

The one great thing about the USA is its a free country and a free market. Supply and Demand rules. People pay what the market will bear.

For what its's worth, the band changing tool is the most insignificant item with the package timemachine is selling.

I suggested he come on here and check this forum out, and he's getting alot of bitching and whining from some members here, which I don't think is fair or quite justified. However, the other nice thing is that we also enjoy Freedom of Speech in the USA too, and we are all entitled to our opinions, (subject to Butch's oversight...of course....)

So, DMH, please don't be offended. You have expressed your views and are entitled to them. I respectfully disagree with you.

BTW....you never did answer my question! Are you the seller on ebay who goes by "abbeycall"?

davec73

Dmh is a really well known collector of Zodiacs.  He's entitled to his opinion and given his reputation, probably carries a bit more weight than some johnny come lately with a lot of cash to throw at "bargains".

LexLoci

I agree that DMH is indeed entitled to his opinion, but like I said, I think his criticisms are a little harsh, and he seems to have more than a healthy interest in timemachine's selling history. I sense an ulterior motive here.

I mean, timemachine is the good guy right? He's not the one reselling his SSW's for $1800 on ebay in a "flip". He can ask whatever he wants for HIS watches for sale. The guy joins here, pays to become a Team VZ member, sets up a special page for members, even says he'll do layaway. I mean really.....LAYAWAY.......for a lousy $1390.......hpw much more do you want from this guy...a foot rub? a card at christmas?

And yes I am rather new here, and yes I do have $$$ to blow on watches....but like I said on another post, don't hate the player!!!  :)   

LexLoci

Oh yeah. I don't care how many years DMH has sold watches. He could be the inventor of watches, or father time himself, it does not give him the unchallengable right to be so sarcastic to timemachine and "commend him" as he has seen fit to do. That's just mean spirited and lacks class in my opinion, and not worthy of anyone who is supposedly worthy of respect.  :sho

LexLoci

One more thing. If DMH is such a big-shot collector of Zodiacs, why is he a newbie? Why aren't he and you Team VZ members?

dmh

I sense that DMH is a disgruntled ebay competitor of timemachine, perhaps retired or unemployed?  Such detailed tracking and analysis of timemachine's prior SSW auctions!!! Who else has that kind of time? Moreover, who bloody cares???
Not an ebay competitor of timemachine, but I am retired and now I can devote as much time as I like to accumulating Zodiacs. If you're a serious collector, you should care. If you don't care, I've got a few watches I'd like to sell you.
The one great thing about the USA is its a free country and a free market. Supply and Demand rules. People pay what the market will bear.
Captitalism is great, but if you don't study the market, how do you know what it will bear?
For what its's worth, the band changing tool is the most insignificant item with the package timemachine is selling.
Agreed, the spring bar tool is one of the most insignificant items in the kit. But, a potential buyer should know the kit is incorrect without the right tool. Timemachine hasn't told you.
I suggested he come on here and check this forum out, and he's getting alot of bitching and whining from some members here, which I don't think is fair or quite justified. However, the other nice thing is that we also enjoy Freedom of Speech in the USA too, and we are all entitled to our opinions, (subject to Butch's oversight...of course....)
Sorry you feel like my post is bitching and whining. Not meant to be. I do think it is justified. Anybody willing to fork out $1390 for anything should know all the facts and should not be threatened if they decide to sell the watch. Once I pay for something, I have clear title and should be able to do anything I want with it.
So, DMH, please don't be offended. You have expressed your views and are entitled to them. I respectfully disagree with you.
Not offended at all. You are welcome to disagree with me anytime.

BTW....you never did answer my question! Are you the seller on ebay who goes by "abbeycall"?
I go by several names on ebay, but that is not one of them.
Best,
dmh

davec73

I've seen 'checkbook" collectors like you on many a forum.  I enjoy Zodiacs for the heritage, quality and history.  I'll still be enjoying them long after you've moved on to your next fad.

dmh

Quote from: LexLoci on December 01, 2011, 08:40:13 PM
One more thing. If DMH is such a big-shot collector of Zodiacs, why is he a newbie? Why aren't he and you Team VZ members?

Since you have $$$ to blow , maybe you could loan us the money to join. LOL
Best,
dmh

dmh

Quote from: LexLoci on December 01, 2011, 08:22:44 PM
Oh yeah. I don't care how many years DMH has sold watches. He could be the inventor of watches, or father time himself, it does not give him the unchallengable right to be so sarcastic to timemachine and "commend him" as he has seen fit to do. That's just mean spirited and lacks class in my opinion, and not worthy of anyone who is supposedly worthy of respect.  :sho

Lex, take a look at all of my posts. Is there anything I have said that is not true?
Best,
David

LexLoci

I appreciate your views and that you took the time to respond and explain your thoughts. If you were here, I'd offer to shake your hand and buy you a beer. You are clearly an intelligent and thoughtful person, who takes their collecting of Zodiacs seriously and cares.

Nothing wrong with that at all. 

Cheers.

Lex

dmh

Quote from: LexLoci on December 01, 2011, 08:18:27 PM
I agree that DMH is indeed entitled to his opinion, but like I said, I think his criticisms are a little harsh, and he seems to have more than a healthy interest in timemachine's selling history. I sense an ulterior motive here.

I mean, timemachine is the good guy right? He's not the one reselling his SSW's for $1800 on ebay in a "flip". He can ask whatever he wants for HIS watches for sale. The guy joins here, pays to become a Team VZ member, sets up a special page for members, even says he'll do layaway. I mean really.....LAYAWAY.......for a lousy $1390.......hpw much more do you want from this guy...a foot rub? a card at christmas?

And yes I am rather new here, and yes I do have $$$ to blow on watches....but like I said on another post, don't hate the player!!!  :)

Lex, sorry if you feel I have been too harsh on timemachine. No ulterior motive here at all. I agree he can ask whatever he pleases for his watches. But for him to to tell us that if we buy one and resell it on ebay, he will suspend sales here just rubs me the wrong way. If he wants to control the market, he shouldn't sell them with conditions attached. He should lock them up and keep them. He should also be honest enough to admit the spring bar tool is a replacement and not original.
Best,
dmh

dmh

Quote from: LexLoci on December 01, 2011, 09:20:09 PM
I appreciate your views and that you took the time to respond and explain your thoughts. If you were here, I'd offer to shake your hand and buy you a beer. You are clearly an intelligent and thoughtful person, who takes their collecting of Zodiacs seriously and cares.

Nothing wrong with that at all. 

Cheers.

Lex
Lex, If we all thought alike, this would be a pretty boring place. I would be more than happy to shake your hand and let you buy me a beer. Maybe we could meet at the NAWCC Daytona Regional in Feb. I will have a complete kit NOS Zodiac Super Sea Wolf for sale at $2200 you might be interested in. It has the correct spring bar tool. LOL
Best,
dmh

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign