News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Catch me if you can.......

Started by LexLoci, December 08, 2011, 11:17:54 PM

LexLoci

So, I have noticed after a few months on here that one funny thing happens when a really nice Zodiac comes up for sale on Ebay.....and that is nobody chats on here about it. Everyone talks about the frankenwatch "Zodiacs" from Bangkok, but not a whisper about the really good ones. Everyone is hoping nobody else on here has noticed....the silence is deafening.... THATs when I know that I should be bidding on it..... AND right now, as we speak, there is one of these baby's up for auction on Ebay.... So, just for fun, I am letting you all know, that I am going to win that auction. When I do, I am gonna post a nice pic right here for ya. As the title of this post says....Catch me if you can...hehehehehh... :sho

Sea Wolf

I think we don't talk about the ones we like mostly because we don't want this to turn into a shill board
where every seller opens an account to talk about how great #xyz is.  Once in a while I'll post one I like but mention I have
no affiliation with the seller.

Omega crown?  Good Luck.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Butch

I agree with both of these thoughts. But in truth, this forum was really created to educate people on the brand and to give them a chance to share (or see others share) their collections.

I have to admit though, part of collecting is getting a specimen at a low price. Another part is upgrading that specimen to a better one and selling off the older specimen.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

JDS (Ohio)

Honestly, I find the "beware" posts, outing a bogus watch, to be more useful than any heads up for a nice one.  Most of us either have a running search on ebay for the stuff we're interesed in, and maybe check watchrecon periodically, or at least know how to set one up.

What I personally would prefer to see, regarding the good ones, is a good set of photos AFTERWARDS, and maybe a quick review, by whoever actually won the auction, or snagged it off of a sales board.  Share your triumph and good fortune with us once you have it.  I made the mistake once or twice, of posting what I'd set my sights on, before I purchased, only to find that as soon as I'd expressed an intent to buy, somebody had beat me too it.  The giveaway was that this stuff had sat untouched for months before I was naive enough to open my mouth, not even tire kickers prior to that, from what I could tell, and gone in about an hour once I posted.
John

jon p

:wehe :wehe :wehe    John----all i can say is AMEN BROTHER, we think alot alike!

LexLoci

I agree with most of what everyone has said on this particular topic. As a new collector, I find the discussions here helpful and informative. I certainly like to find a bargain, like anyone else!

Happy hunting to all!!!

LexLoci

Butch

That is one of the best examples of that model I have seen Lex, nice catch. The bezels are painted so when one normally finds them they are very worn and faded.

LexLoci

Thanks. The listing on ebay indicated it had been "Restored", but from my research before buying, it looks very much like the original, and has not been messed with too much. Not bad for $305 bucks, as it has been completely cleaned and serviced recently according to the owner.  ;)

LexLoci

The closest one in the gallery indeed has a very faded bezel....I take it this one is from the 70's from what I can tell....

Butch

These first appear in the '75 catalog on the other site.

davec73

goldwing had a good supply of NOS bezels for these at one time. 

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign