News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

New addition to the family!

Started by Butch, December 17, 2011, 09:46:47 AM

Butch

As discussed elsewhere here, this is my latest acquisition. If you look at My Watches, this one, the SqRotoGAuto, and the BWGloriousOrigBand are all from the same period and similar examples can be found in the 1950's catalog on ZodiacCatalogs.com. All three are more or less complete, the AutoG being the only one a fully complete set. I took a quick down and dirty picture of the three of them together just for kicks.

This Autographic is virtually unworn. Without opening the back I am relatively sure that it has never been serviced as it has never been polished. All edges are very sharp, including the crown. I presume that someone bought it, wore it for a while and then put it away. I bought this from the owner's descendants. Many of my watches are acquired this way and this makes them even more valuable to me personally. I tend to pay more for these types of acquisitions than I normally pay for specimens.

I wound it once, found it to still be accurate after 60+ years, and then put it away awaiting its future first service before wearing it of course.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

poulbrix

Very nice Butch. I love how it comes with the original packaging/papers.

jon p

:ur   nice find--very beautiful watch. i have always thought the power reserve feature is interesting and unique.

zaniac

Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing. I love the whole package deals 8)
Chris

rhsnyc

Awesome. Killer watch bands! Very cool! 

Butch

The bands are cool. They have those solid front panels and the back half is scissor. My son says they look like a girl's watch with these bands, but I LIKE them. Certainly draw comments when I wear them. "They don't make them like they used to."

Butch

http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/zforums/index.php/topic,1205.0.html

If anyone is interested, here is another from this same period. Unfortunately the band is long gone.   :(

Woodlands1

That is a great find with the watch, bracelet and case together.

I haven't seen a bracelet like that previously, but now I know what to look for. :)

Butch

As I have always said, the thing to remember about the correct band is that the jeweler was not above swapping bands between models to satisfy the customer in order to make the sale. But we do need to know all the bands from the era our watch is from.

One of the nicest things about having access to ZodiacCatalogs.com is to see what bands came with what models. These bands are only found in the 1950's catalog. These types of Kreisler bands are still available and do show up from time to time, but don't put one on a Sea Wolf.  ;)

orangecorallimorph

" These types of Kreisler bands are still available and do show up from time to time, but don't put one on a Sea Wolf.  ;)"
Butch I totally agree w/ you about putting these old-old school Kreisler bands on a Sea Wolf, especially when there are so many fancy Indian pawn turquoise/silver bands available. Much better choice....IMHO! LMFAO!!!
Keep it Real-OC

Butch

What do you mean? You know it is supposed to be the Southwestern silver and turquoise band on a Sea Wolf.

What is WRONG with you man?

BTW, I did a search on eBay for Kreisler and found quite a few of these types of bands, in various lug sizes too.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign