News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Glorious Pie Dish Chronometre

Started by dandjstewart, January 28, 2012, 07:38:16 AM

dandjstewart

I just bought a Glorious Pie Dish Chronometre on ebay,   you can see it under 220936302414,

You don't see many Glorious watches around and certainly not Chronometre's ,  It looks similar to Butch's Black & White one except the dial colour is solid black rather than having the white riim  ...... anyone come
across this model variant before , seems the Glorious was often a presentation watch , so maybe its a special.

Maybe its a bitza ( bits of this and that  :( ) but even so , if the guts of it are ok,and it's all Zodiac I'll have it restored as is , at least it will be unique  custom job !!  ;D

Butch, What make is your original bracelet,it sets it of nicely   ? and is the face of your dial "parchment effect " with a silver , or white rim ? 

Butch

The band is a Kreisler, solid on the watch side and scissor on the back. The center of the dial has a textured surface (common in the 50's models) and the outer rim is smooth and a vivid white.

The Glorious started in the 50's and was around until about the mid 60's. Yours is real, and as a VZ Team member you can see some examples similar to yours and mine in the 1950's catalog on ZodiacCatalogs.com. Nice purchase! I hope the dial is in decent shape, let me know when you get it.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

dandjstewart

:) Great , thanks for the info, I looked at the 50's catalogue....

Is your's stainless as well , just looks gf on photo you attached. The photo will be great to show the refinisher if it is required, ... in any event , I think the white rim is a nice feature ,

Butch

Yeah man, the lighting where I take my photos is only good in the early morning, and my photography skills suck. Buying a Nikon does not guarantee to make one a good photographer. ALL of my watches look WAY better than my photos show.

The toughest thing on a Glorious redial is getting the cursive font correct. I often leave them as is due to that problem. Let's take a look at yours when it comes in.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

dandjstewart

Well, watch is now with my watchmaker who is servicing the Chronometre movement. The dial has been poorly refinished,  :(,and is missing the textured finish.. . and can't be refinished as per the original spec , so I am now looking for a dial, preferably a two tone, to replace it .... but as long as it is textured , I guess I can get it refinished in two tone anyway . I'll just need to scour e bay for a scrap watch I guess  --

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign