News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Did I overpay for this Astrographic?

Started by dawej, February 22, 2012, 01:14:05 PM

dawej

I saw this Astrographic at a local store. Of course I couldn't keep my hands off.

Supposed to be "almost NOS", slightly used, fully working, no scratches, etc.

Before I drop what I paid, what would you pay?

Sea Wolf

I assume it looks better than your photos and no scratches on the crystal.

I like that watch and would have paid $300-$600
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

zaniac

That looks great. Congratulations on finding it. The most I would pay would be $300. But I've been called cheap more than once in my life ;)
That's an interesting box. Must be a later Astro. Who is the maker of the band? JB Champion or? Sorry, but with all the band talk lately, I had to ask :D
Chris

jon p

:wehe  great find, in that condition i would have given $300. looks VERY good, is bracelet full length? be very careful with the crystal, dont scratch it, they are as hard as sea wolf bezels to locate!!! tell us what you shelled out for this nice find, AND what kind of store did you find it in?

dawej

So, I got the watch today. Fantastic condition.

One swirl on clasp and two or three very light barely visible scratches on the case, and scratch free crystal. Was really surprised over one thing:

After pulling out the crown, you set the hands like every other watches. When put it in, you wind the watch. But, when you press the crown, the date changes!  :what

Seriously, Iv'e never seen this on any other watch. I was a bit surprised, I have to say.

Will post pictures soon.

BTW, I paid about $400.

Butch

You got a great price. The SST movement had one of the first quick set dates by pushing the crown in. Nice catch man!
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Scorpio55

:ur
Sweeeet watch.
Just purchased one of the same types, but mine is round/goldtone.
Looks like you got a great deal too. ;D
Read you 5 X 5.

zaniac

The watch looks great and I think that's a fair price.
So what's the brand name on the underside of the band?
Chris

jon p

beautiful watch--in that pristine condition price is very good. wow, box and original bracelet-----home run. is the bacelet full length-----all links there?

dawej

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it's full length, five removable links. The band is signed Zodiac and "Stainless steel" on inside of clasp, but nothing more. The bracelet is not that solid - but it still feels good and I like the width of it. Watch would probably work well on a leather strap too. Here's some pics!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign