News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

I think I broke it and HI!

Started by wawatusi, March 05, 2012, 10:05:55 AM

wawatusi

Hi!

I just came into posession of what I believe is a late 60's seawolf, All seemed well, it would change the date when pushing on the crown, That stopped working, Also, it doesn't seem to hand wind.

I am hoping some of you experts might be able to help me out here. Or maybe point me in the right direction.

It seems to run well, just am worried it may be needing some help.

Thanks!

-J

wawatusi

New symptom, second hand stoped at 12, when I pull the crown and advance time it started again, and seems to keep going now.

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

:wehe :welc             welcome to our forum! you really need to get this one to our watchmaker, look in the repair section. you do know it is a redial, right? the small numbers give it away, check out the picture gallery and you will see what i am talking about. your watch needs a complete tune up and our guy IS the zodiac guru, he has done a lot of watches---of all brands--- for all of us.bezel is not in good condition but better than no bezel at all! good luck getting it running good, it is worth the investment!

wawatusi

Quote from: Butch on March 05, 2012, 05:37:17 PM
http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/watchrepair.php

Thanks, Butch, I sent you an e-mail.

Quote from: jon p on March 05, 2012, 05:41:42 PM
:wehe :welc             welcome to our forum! you really need to get this one to our watchmaker, look in the repair section. you do know it is a redial, right? the small numbers give it away, check out the picture gallery and you will see what i am talking about. your watch needs a complete tune up and our guy IS the zodiac guru, he has done a lot of watches---of all brands--- for all of us.bezel is not in good condition but better than no bezel at all! good luck getting it running good, it is worth the investment!

Thanks, I have no idea about who, what where and when with this thing, but I'm hoping this resource will help me out. Redial? is it an aftermarket not the right dial thing?  Thanks again!

jon p

redial means the dial has been refinished from when it was original. if it is a push crown to set date it it from the early 70s. dial looks good so i wouldnt be too concerned. it has the correct hands so thats a plus. get it serviced, wear it and enjoy a piece of zodiac history. just remember that even after it is serviced it will never be " water proof" again, dont get it wet! some members here can attest to that fact.

wawatusi

Quote from: jon p on March 06, 2012, 09:31:43 AM
redial means the dial has been refinished from when it was original. if it is a push crown to set date it it from the early 70s. dial looks good so i wouldnt be too concerned. it has the correct hands so thats a plus. get it serviced, wear it and enjoy a piece of zodiac history. just remember that even after it is serviced it will never be " water proof" again, dont get it wet! some members here can attest to that fact.

thanks! I don't get any of my watches wet, not worth the risk. yeah it has or had the push to date feature up until yesterday....

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign