News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Looking to Purchase......SST

Started by Scorpio55, March 19, 2012, 10:08:19 PM

Scorpio55

OK, found this and I do very much lust for it since it is the same as the 1st Zodiac I once had.  The face is stripped, where as the one I once had was a solid gold tone.  But other than that, it is the same type watch as produced by Zodiac @ that time.
Zodiac Astrographic SST
Zodiac Cal 88D 21 Jewel movemet
New Old Stock
As like new condition/never worn.
Read you 5 X 5.

Scorpio55

OK fellas, what about this one, is it the real deal...............please let it be so! :helpme
Read you 5 X 5.

Butch

Sure it is! Looks NICE! Be sure to read the Repairs tab before wearing it though.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Scorpio55

OK, I made the jump again and won the watch off of eBay.
I paid $342.77 plus $5.00 ship for a total of $347.77
This was listed as New Old Stock, seller posted all the photos one needed to see she is brand new, never worn and did I say I got it for $347.77.
Band has all the links and movement looks pristine.
Can not wait to get my little paws on this, brings back alot of forgot times. :beer
I can not say enough thanks fellas, for all your tips on making a right purchase and by doing as suggested, I do believe I purchased a 1st class piece of Zodiac history.  Now to get her serviced when I receive. :agreei

:wehe
Read you 5 X 5.

Scorpio55

A few photos of this piece of art. 8)
Read you 5 X 5.

Scorpio55

Notified by seller, she is on the way via USPS         :wehe    :wehe    :wehe
I do have a questuion, from the looks of the dial, is this a Tiger Eye ?
Read you 5 X 5.

Scorpio55

Quote from: Butch on March 19, 2012, 10:11:47 PM
Sure it is! Looks NICE! Be sure to read the Repairs tab before wearing it though.
Oh, forgot to tell ya, seller said watch functions fine, but did suggest a few things to do, ie: 20 winds and check time after 24 hours to see if keeping correct time, then auto wind f/5 min.s and check again same.
He went to great lengths and exsplained pretty much the same as here, winding manual and keeping the watch wound caused the watch to have too use less energy to function, thus causes watch movement less stress and wear........sounds good to me.
I have had many automatics and never knew this.
Read you 5 X 5.

Scorpio55

Opened the mailbox today and a small Priority Mailer was inside.  And in that box was the newly purchased SST.  Looks brand new and runs like it was just made.  I am well pleased with this purchase.  Now for that SW! 8)
Read you 5 X 5.

Scorpio55

Well, I have cleand and waxed, yes a polish for fine and precious metals, the SST.
Have worn most of the weekend, daughter thought it was, her words, awsome and wanted to know how it worked!
She was even more surprised when I told her the watch was more than 25 years old, looks like it came out of the factory yesterday.  Is keeping perfect time, but the quick set date is not working correctly, but by going to 8:30 to 12:00 allowed the correct date to be set.  I will send in for a service as soon as I find the correct address to ship to.
Overall, I am very pleased with this watch and since it is the same as the 1st Zodiac I ever owned, that just makes it that much more special.
I now have 2 Zodiacs and hope to add to the collection soon.
Read you 5 X 5.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign