News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

who Copied Who????

Started by LexLoci, March 24, 2012, 10:25:00 AM

LexLoci

There is an interesting similarity between certain Heuer and Zodiac watches....

LexLoci

LexLoci

LexLoci

Perhaps they should rename these Zodiahuers? of Heuerdiac?

Butch

There were more than that. Another example was the Super Sea Wolf. A lot of watch companies back then were buying the cases from the same companies, with different dials, and then they may or may not have used the same movement in them. in the case of the SSW, I think it was Gruen that made the Compressor with the same case and crystal.

UV will tell you that the Zodiac chrono is a "poor man's Heuer", just ask him.

<GD&R>
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Oliver

Hi,

here's another look-alike, my Belair GMT ....

Butch

Close! The bezel looks similar but the case is different. NICE watch too.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Butch on March 24, 2012, 10:42:43 AM
UV will tell you that the Zodiac chrono is a "poor man's Heuer", just ask him.

<GD&R>

:yeller

LexLoci

I think the Fresh Prince wore one of those Belair watches back in the day.....before he made Men in Black..... :P

jon p

8) 8)  OLIVER---- sweet bel air, i have never seen a chrono, VERY NICE! this is an unappreciated brand and seldom seen vintage watch. i also have one, a divers model but not the chrono. i have seen a couple of 24 hour dials also, i bid but didnt win. BWG cleaned mine and said it was a very nice high beat movement. thanks for showing yours, it is a NICE one!!!

Oliver

Hi Jon,

thanks for your kind words! Yes, I was also very happy when I got it, it really looks great and is in it's original condition. The "flagged" 24 hour hand for example is almost impossible to find and often replaced by a standard hand. The movement is a manual Valjoux Caliber 724. I must say I would love to get my hand on a Heuer GMT that introduced this style, but since there are so many collectors of this brand (with a big bank account), prices have risen to a ridiculous level.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign