News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Added to Collection

Started by Scorpio55, March 29, 2012, 01:53:00 AM

Scorpio55

Added this to my collection today, I really like the ole school look of the watch and the out of date calendar on the band just adds to the watch.  I paid $125.00 f/it. :D
Read you 5 X 5.

Butch

Everyone should have an Autographic in their collection. Did you read the article on it in the Information tab?
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Scorpio55

Quote from: Butch on March 29, 2012, 06:36:49 AM
Everyone should have an Autographic in their collection. Did you read the article on it in the Information tab?
Yes, very interesting.
Read you 5 X 5.

jon p

:wehe  nice power reserve! i think you got a very good price.

Scorpio55

Quote from: jon p on March 29, 2012, 08:49:38 AM
:wehe  nice power reserve! i think you got a very good price.
Thanks jon p, being new @ this has been a learning curve for me.  I have read everything I can find and look @ them everyday on eBay.
I liked the look and the guy was asking more, but accepted my offer.
I had read the article about the power reserve on the Forum and was interested in catching one of these.  The guy assured me that the watch runs fine and keeps perfect time, but I will still have it serviced @ Sumpters Rolex of Charlotte.
And for me the added date/calendar accessory was just the icing on the cake.  I remember my Dad wearing a Bulova with this very same item on the band.  I always thought this was way cool.  When I started posting on my 1st thread, I mentioned I had a uncle who went to school to be a watch repairman/builder.  I also remember him taking my Dad's Bulova and putting his name on the dial of the watch, letters so small you had to look hard, but sure enough, there was his 1st and last name on that dail. I always wanted him to do this for me........he never got the chance!
Thanks for the support jon p.
Read you 5 X 5.

Sea Wolf

I like that model and do not have it.

Does the Zodiac logo look a little off in the spacing?
This model could have come that way, but the spacing between the Z o looks a little wide.
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Butch

It is a redial, but older I think.

jon p

how does the calendar on the band work, is it still up to date and usable??

Scorpio55

Quote from: jon p on March 30, 2012, 08:00:53 AM
The calendar is abit out of dat, but does still rotate as it was designed to do.  I just like the looks of it, but if it were possible to find one for this year, I sure would purchase.
Read you 5 X 5.

Scorpio55

Quote from: jon p on March 30, 2012, 08:00:53 AM
jon p, here is a short up-date to your question...........the calendar is out of date, this is true.  But I sure did get a surprise when I checked the year........1972.  Now this gives me a date for the band (Speidel).  And this happens to be @the time I turned old enough to join the service.  I needed my Dad's Ok, but he gave it, turned 17 in Oct'72 and joined the US Army Jan'73!
I have worn the watch since I got it Wednesday, has kept perfect time.  I have always been a BIG Watch Fan, but I really like this little retro 60's watch.  Has became a fav.
Read you 5 X 5.

Scorpio55

Quote from: Butch on March 29, 2012, 07:07:46 PM
It is a redial, but older I think.
I agree, I have looked @ w/mag. and I have come to the conclusion that as you have pointed out, the dial has been re-done.......as to when, the sky is the limit.  But there is a very interesting feature about this dial, I believe it was mfg'd w/no markings @ all.
Upon close inspection and with magnification/light, one is able to see that the word....ZODIAC and the markings for the winding hand, has been hand marked.
After you pointed out the dail could be a re-do, I started looking for this dial from Zodiac, there are so many.......so can you tell, is this a Zodiac dail w/the markings hand drawn.
Whoever it was, had a steady hand.............. :o
Read you 5 X 5.

Butch

Scorpio55

Quote from: Butch on April 07, 2012, 10:50:30 AM
Sorry, no clue.
Thanks, I know if anybody knew this answer it would be you.  I guess it is just one of those rare finds, but I do wear almost everyday now and it as I said before, keeps perfect time. 8)
Read you 5 X 5.

Scorpio55

And since I started this as,  added to collection, here is my small collection of vintage watches.................. ;D
Well, maybe the 1st photo might not be classed as a vintage yet........but is of a limited number, the most recent mfg'd of the group.
And the last I know is not a Zodiac, but I just am so happy to get this, I just wanted to share.
Read you 5 X 5.

Scorpio55

Added this one today............. :o
Read you 5 X 5.

L. Ocle

Quote from: Scorpio55 on April 07, 2012, 09:44:54 AM
After you pointed out the dail could be a re-do, I started looking for this dial from Zodiac, there are so many.......so can you tell, is this a Zodiac dail w/the markings hand drawn.
Whoever it was, had a steady hand.............. :o

Hi. I've seen quite a few pr's, and never seen a dial like this one. Looks like they chose the easiest way to re-dial.

49eral

Very nice! I like the power reserve.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign