News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

NSA bracelet now on my Super Sea Wolf

Started by Foxy, April 24, 2012, 11:21:49 AM

Foxy

I posted a while back on my pretty much NOS SSW. I haven't worn it though, I don't like rubber straps and the original Tropic needed an extra hole in the strap to fit me properly, and I wasn't going to do that! I ummd and ahhhd about an NSA bracelet for the watch, I already have NSAs on my fully restored Heuer Montreal and my Speedmaster Mk2 and like them very much. The Montreal and Speedy share shrouded lugs in common with the Zodiac. I decided to go for it and bought a NOS NSA from the seller Squinky on eBay, it arrived this morning. I suspect it might not be the correct bracelet for the watch but it comes with a Zodiac clasp and I reckon looks perfect. There's a matte stripe down the middle which complements the matte finish on the watch case. The NSAs have a sprung clasp which can expand when your wrist gets hot, or rather it allows you to have the watch on tight in the morning and compensates as it expands through the day. Of course I'm going to wear it carefully and sparingly! What do you think?

On the original Tropic

Sea Wolf

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

jon p

:wehe  that looks like it will be a VERY comfortable wearing bracelet, and it looks great on your watch!

Foxy

Quote from: jon p on April 24, 2012, 02:09:21 PM
:wehe  that looks like it will be a VERY comfortable wearing bracelet, and it looks great on your watch!

It's extremely comfortable, I'm just worried about doing any damage to such a lovely watch! I suspect within the next six months or so I'll find myself a nicely work example, something I don't have to worry about so much.

JDS (Ohio)

I like it both ways, Foxy.  That is a beautiful watch.  You might also keep an eye out for a 19mm Sub "Tropic", which I've seen on the SSW-s and SW-s in several catalogue shots.
John

Cobber

Freakin' hilarious.  I just purchased an NSA from Squinky as well and logged on to post pictures of it and this is the first post I saw.
Nice combo!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign