News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Watch Band (again..)

Started by smithrjd, May 30, 2012, 10:38:29 PM

smithrjd

I need to find a band for my early 60's Aerospace. Zodiac bands are not easy to find. I prefer a SS band. Several types and styles. I have a general idea of what was on the watch originally, but this is one I am going to wear. Hadley Roma, Hong Kong vintage, China new knock off etc. I do not like the expansion bands and want a deployment clasp. Any suggestions, from those have done this already?  Don't really care about the resale value, Some Zodiac bands around but never with the end pieces. Will others fit or be made to fit? My Sea Wolf has it's original band, really no idea what this one had from Zodiac. BWG said early, no later than '65. My other issue is a large wrist, need 7.5"+ so a 6" band will not work for me.

jon p

:yeller  it is a 17.5mm, i put that in to ebay search and kept looking!! i finally found a nos vintage jb champion that i liked the looks of on my early 60s gmt. it is not a zodiac bracelet but it works and i could afford it. good luck, you will find one, be patient.

smithrjd

Thanks JonP,
                     Thought I had found one, but at 6" would not fit me. I will keep looking. I do think that they are out there but hard to find. Keirsler, Demrel, (SP) seem to be others that were used. My Seawolf is just stamped Zoidac USA no maker. Bit expensive as well, seems a band sells for more than the watch..

smithrjd

My GMT actually came with a band, what I thought was a replacement expansion band. Not marked Zodiac, but it is a Kriesler USA. Looking at a couple of Zodiac GMT adds it appears that it might be the original.... Anyone know what the early GMT watches came with as far as a band? The add says "stainless steel expansion band" BWG says it is an early one, no later than 1965.  :what  :beer

zaniac

Can you post a photo or two of the band currently on your GMT? That would help identify it.
Chris

smithrjd

The add I saw was on the bay, for an early GMT captioned the "two timer" Same patten as this band. The add mentioned an expansion bracelet. Here are a couple of photos. I am going to change it anyway as I don't like expansion bands as I have a large wrist and I find them to be to tight. If original I will keep it however.   

zaniac

Well, if the ad says stainless steel expansion band and Zodiac was using Kreisler expansion bands back in the 50's/early 60's(possibly) and this is an early GMT, I'd say it's a good chance it's the original band. But there's no way to be certain since the customer could select almost any band to go on their watch. If it were mine, I'd keep it since it could be original and it wouldn't bring much on ebay. Good luck ;)
Chris

smithrjd

Bands do seem to be complicated, unlike dials and movements LOL. I will keep it, as it costs nothing to do so. My Seawolf, has the original band, as I am the original owner. Seems used watches are a crap shoot as to bands, have seen a few with a Zodiac marked band that I doubt left the factory togather.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign