News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Owners manual needed

Started by dblrifle, June 28, 2012, 02:55:22 PM

dblrifle

I just bought a Zodiac 'Marine Life professional' quartz 3 dial chronometer. It has 2 sweep hands a black and a red. I am having no success in setting or zeroing it. Have no idea what the combinations required are. I have managed to get the black hand to the 12 o'clock position. I can change time  and  date but am completely stumped on the chronograph. I also am confused about the various sub dials. The dial aat 6 o'clock is obviously the seconds indicator as it runs constantly. The upper right dial is marked 0,2,4,6,8 and the upper left dial is marked from the 12 o'clock position 12,3,6,9. These two subdials I  cannot seem to zero. The red hand (which I cannot zero ) seems to move one minute for every revolution of the black sweep when the top button is pushed. Further this incrementation occurs when the black hand passes the 28 minute mark on the dial. Can anyone help me as I really LIKE the watch and it seems totally accurate for time.

jon p

try pulling crown out to second position and then press  the upper chrono button, its been a long time but i think this will work if my memory serves me right. :yeller :yeller

dblrifle

Thanks for the answer but that does not zero. I know it's some weird sequence, I just have absolutely no idea what it is. I have many chronographs,Rolex,Breitling,Citizen,Baume & Mercier,TagHuer,Omega and none have two sweep hands and all zero in exactly the same manner - you press the top button to start the sweep running and press the top button to stop and then press the bottom to return to zero. I'm completely mystifyied  by this watch.

LuvMyMLP

I think you will find that these instructions provide your answers.  It is basically the same movement.
http://users.tpg.com.au/garybarb/downloads/VictorinoxETAChronographInstructionManual.pdf
Additionally, here's a one-page quick sheet:
http://users.tpg.com.au/garybarb/downloads/ETA251-262Instructions.pdf
Be certain to save a copy of both .pdf's for future reference.
As my name suggests, I Love the Marine Life Professional Quartz.  I check my time against Sirius XM BBC World News and it is accurate to within 1 second per month.
One to wear, one as a spare!
Best regards

jon p

i own both the standard dial and the crono MLP, all stainless with white dials-- really love em both!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign