News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

What movements should be in a Glorious?

Started by smithrjd, July 29, 2012, 03:43:11 PM

smithrjd

What movements should one expect to see in a Glorious watch? I believe that they were both automatics and manual wind. The watch in question is a manual wind, and teh movement is listed as a 1094. I know what the Sea Wolfs and GMT's should have but not sure about the manual wind dress watches.

Butch

Not sure to be honest as I do mostly automatics, it sounds about right though. I just found one that had a Zodiac 1094 - marked as an Eta 1080 under the balance.

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

smithrjd

Thanks for the info. The movement does look like an ETA, it is marked Zodiac etc. It is up on the bay from a seller in South America.. Scary, but might see where it goes.

Butch

Those in the know, know that Zodiac used either AS or ETA movements throughout their history. Very few companies made (make) their own movements.

Again, it has been a long time since I looked at a manual wind watch, but if you look under the balance wheel you will see the original movement makers mark and their caliber number for that movement. Zodiac just had them put their name and caliber number on the bridge or rotor, along with any modifications they ordered, prior to delivery to the Zodiac factory.

FYI, today, most Swiss watch moments are made by ETA for companies like Movado, Omega, Tag Heuer, etc.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

smithrjd

Just took another look, and one can indeed see 1080 under the balance wheel. The other movement I see in many watches is the Valjoux (SP) Breitling Zodiac and many many others. Omega loved the Lemania's for many years. Not vey many in house movements for sure.

L. Ocle

If it's the one with the triangle-shaped main bridge, is a movement based in the ETA 1080, quite common in Zodiac watches.

Zodiac used to change or re-shape few parts of the movements, and the rename them as Zodiac XXXX.

BTW, about first question: I got 3 Glorious and all three have diferent movements...

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign