News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Is This Dial Correct ???

Started by MrBibbel, September 14, 2012, 10:43:08 PM

MrBibbel

Can any one verify this dial. The roman numeral in the 4 position is not right.
The 4 should be IV instead of IIII. Did Zodiac make this error or has there been a bad restoration attempt...

Butch

Oh, Jesus. Save us from newbies! Do your research.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

MrBibbel

That doesn't Help............................

MrBibbel

Your condensation is not what one expects on a forum intended for the sharing of knowledge. When I try and research these things on the WWW. I get 200 listings for ebay. By coming here and reading your posts, it is very clear that it is not a good resource for this information. Why would I continue to visit this forum and consider paying to be part of the team here if all I am going to get is a front seat to your personal peacock show.
If you are not interested in helping newbies with your 15 years of " knowledge " then why bother having this forum at all.

Butch

Ahh, I see how late that was entered. I must have really tied on on that night, huh?  :-[  Now, let me apologize for my rudeness. I will be careful not to drink and forum going forward.

Just click on the Gallery Tab and look inside the the Guardsman section. Here you go sir: http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/gallery/guardsman.php

Please be aware that there is a lot more that than the Forum on this web site. Feel free to peruse all areas and then if you have any questions just ask them.

Cobber

Good God,...
That was freaking hilarious.  I feel like calling my dad and see how
his doing.  It's been a while since I've seen a retort as piquant as that.
Kudos to you Butch for the about face.  However, I suspect it must feel
a bit burdensome at times when the only new posts are someone
looking for info on a listing probably no one has any interest in.  No offence
to MrB. Good for you for considering a Zodiac often ignored.

Butch, you got to admit, that bit about the peacock was damn funny.
Sorry about not having any info on the Guardsman.

Butch

In my defense, I was a "bit tipsy" but.... People come here, ask a question, and wait for the knowledge to be poured into their skull. No offense to this gentleman intended, but this is the 4,289, 201.7th question today on "what do you know about this Zodiac?". This guy is right, most ggogle's either send them to eBay or here. And when they get here, they just ask a question in the forum. The do not peruse the rest of this web site, and then they bitch about us wanting a subscription to the other one. What's a mother to do?

At any rate, I have apologized, and it is what it is. And, as I have for the past "15 years", I will continue to answer the questions. Sometimes it will be the next day though...

:new

MrBibbel

apology accepted. I will spend more time looking around before I just ask.

At any rate, the reason for my question is because I have acquired this one in a lot purchase and was wondering.
sorry for the poor pic but you can see enough. I can post better pics when it actually arrives if any one is interested.
This one being square and the other round raised suspicion as to originality. I will investigate more when I get my hands on it...

Butch

MrBibbel

As being new to this hobby I have to thank you for that information. I had noticed that the case was a Corsair from your Gallery but was unsure if they mixed and matched dials, movement's and cases. Is there any way to reference this type of information ?
Is this the type of information you have in your subscription membership?
BTW I was not complaining about having to pay. I was merely stating that my consideration to join was in question.
I have gathered 5 or 6 complete watches, I made a lot purchase of 10 zodiacs for repair and have obtained other movements and parts with which to build my collection on. I do not wish to assemble inaccurate representations . The point as a collector is to have genuine accurate time pieces. I see finding specific parts is going to be difficult. It would help to know more on specs for better searches.
I have 100,000,000. questions I have yet to find answers to. A resource to answer 25% of them is worth the price.

Do you guy's share this amount of experienced knowledge ???

Butch

Since this thread is dead now, use the General Discussion area to ask any questions you like. You will find all the others here friendly and knowledgeable.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign