News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

My first Zodiac Restore, but what did i restore?

Started by aberlow, December 14, 2012, 01:54:31 AM

aberlow

:new So here comes the dreaded first forum post to collectors far more versed than myself. To give a bit of history I have been a hobbyist restorer for a few years now mostly in Omega and Longines. I have only recently become enamored by Zodiacs and had the good fortune to come across an amazing cache of spare parts like OCPs from an old watchmakers estate. Most recently i have taken this beauty from not working restored regulated and oiled and wanted to get the forums opinions on the model and condition.

As a tenet of my restoring philosophy, i never refinish, redial, relume, or replate. So what you see is the watch with its age.

So Let me know your thoughts, comments, and questions. I look forward to learning from everyone and hopefully becoming a knowledgable Zodiac restorer and collector.

Butch

A nice condition 1970's Sea Wolf. Did you get the crown push date feature working as well?
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

aberlow

I did. The only slight issue is it sticks slightly. You have to push it in and then pull back a slight bit

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Dutchsiberia

Beautiful seawolf :) What did you do with the crown gasket? On my two seawolves it turned into sticky tar. Maybe that interferes with the moving of the crown?

TJW

jon p

good job, that bezel looks perfect, it can be hard to find the plastic insert bezel in excellent condition as yours! the white dial SW is my favorite, with the black hands it is easier to read for me that the black dial with silver hands.

aberlow

Quote from: Dutchsiberia on December 14, 2012, 04:27:36 PM
Beautiful seawolf :) What did you do with the crown gasket? On my two seawolves it turned into sticky tar. Maybe that interferes with the moving of the crown?

That would make sense. The back gasket was melted so it would make sense that the crown gasket would too. Ill give it a thorough clean and see where that leaves me!

baby

Great! Well done!

How did you clean the dial and hands?

Is the whole case mirror polished or is part of it matt?

Cheers!

Baby(From France)

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign