News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Would you bid (much) on this?

Started by Butch, December 14, 2012, 07:58:23 AM

Butch

I would not even enter the first one.

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Dutchsiberia

Or it might be a very nice original watch  :-)
I have bid on auctions like these before, and (sometimes) got lucky. (not every time  :-( )

aberlow

The guy is apparently selling the watches for a friend of his. He said he will try to update the pictures. who knows.

aberlow

now that 221164721894 has updated the photos are there any new observations? besides of course the badly brassed bezel?

Offshore

But the "new" photos are still crappy.
Is it really a badly brassed bezel, or is it bakelite bezel which has cracked and lifted, and/or developed some fungus growth? I have one here which looked pretty good in better photos than those, but when received had cracks between the clear bakelite and colour,causing discolouration  which will really require being redone if it proves that that process can be replicated.
Offshore.

jon p

:what :yeller :wehe   worst looking BRASS bezel i think i EVER have seen!! the exposed brass has turned GREEN!!that can be redone by BWG, he replates them to look like NEW. dial/hands look very good, but i would be real concerned about the CRUD on the back of the case, cant really tell if it is rust or....?? wonder what the inside looks like, he did say it "runs".that probably means the second hand moves. seller appears not to be a "watch person"," the watch has 3 hands". we will see what this does. second hand is not correct, not sure where it came from, but i have to admit it IS easier to see than the "stock" SW. i dont believe there is any way to restore the plastic insert bezel, how bout it BUTCH??

Dutchsiberia

Butch

$100 for that. Huh. I winder how the metal bezel got so worn.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign