News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Late 60's Automatic with not the expected movement

Started by rdenney, March 12, 2013, 12:13:55 AM

rdenney

Ebay item 121073848071.

It has the same as the early SST's, but the dial on those usually says SST where this one says Zodiac. This dial arrangement is identical to mine, but mine has a cal. 86 high-beat movement in it (AS1688 base), while this one has a cal. 81 (AS1916) movement.

I've seen this same dial marked these two ways, and I've also seen them in two different cases, including this dress case and also in the 70's cushion case.

The price on this one seems...high. I paid about a third of this for mine a month ago, and mine has what I consider to be a more desirable movement. But it makes me wonder if the movement in mine is original, or if there has been lots of mixing and matching with the late-60's Zodiacs. Maybe they just had stocks of movements, dials, and cases, and weren't too particularly about which went with what.

Rick "who would have expected a 76 in non-high-beat versions of this watch" Denney

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign