News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Zodiac watch dials

Started by nagoyaslim, April 14, 2013, 04:35:12 AM

nagoyaslim

Hello, just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of how dials are constructed.  More specifically, how the bezel around the date window is attached.  I found a Zodiac chronograph, much like the one that Butch has for sale now, in great condition and cheap but it is missing that bezel around the date window.  Are they glued on to the dial?  If so, perhaps I could take one off another dial and attach it to the chronograph dial.  Thanks, and I hope someone has an answer.

Butch

I have never looked at that so thank you. It seems to depend on how it was made. I would have expected them to be like the hour markers with pins in the square and holes in the dial to mount into. It seems that some are glued, some are pinned, and some are actually the whole window with a large cut out in the dial that the whole square window fits into. Of course, I just looked at about 5 dials for 5 different models, none of which was a chronograph, but all Zodiac.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

nagoyaslim

Thanks Butch, it was something I never had a need to look at before but, somewhat more interesting to me now.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign