News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Father In-law just handed over a Sea Wolf

Started by jimmydean, April 16, 2013, 09:36:09 PM

jimmydean

This past weekend my father inlaw and I were talking about watches over dinner and I told him I was hunting for a SeaWolf.  Later he asked me to stop by on my way out out of town,  well low and behold he had one in a drawer in the original box and just gave it to me that night- I couldn't believe it!  :woohoo; He said he bought it in 1967 while stationed in Japan and wore it thru Vietnam, using the bezel to count the right-on-time middle strikes every 6mins. He said he put it in his drawer so many years ago he forgot about it till I mentioned it. He said the band kind of fell apart and he thought it was grey in color. When I picked it up the second hand started moving just fine.

I've already contacted BWG cuz I'm looking to have it cleaned/serviced; and maybe cleaning the glass so i can see better as it is scuffed up...as far as the rest is concerned I like the old vintage look and the history it shows.
So here it is:

Butch

Sweet! Love a watch with a known history.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jmh86325

Did you forget to mention the 69 Camaro Z28..your also looking for  :pimp;

Congrats on a fantastic find

jon p

:wehe    what a find!! metal bezel white dial with date. WOW. get it to BWG soon and go ahead and get a new crystal while it is being serviced. too bad the original bracelet is gone, it should have come with a jubilee style  JB Champion. they ARE available, you just have to do a LOT of ebay looking!!! get it restored and enjoy wearing it, as i do mine. another sea wolf brought back to its original glory.

dawej

Great watch! While it's being serviced, take the time and find a suitable bracelet. One of the great things with this watch, is that it looks great with a wide variety of bracelets.

jimmydean

Thanks all!

The easy part was getting this awesome gift in the original gift box....the hard part has begun- I cant find a jubilee band to save my life! Wow and all this time I was looking for a SeaWolf to my liking I should have started by looking for the band! If anyone has any insight please let me know.

No JMH- I didn't mention the 69 Camaro but he did tease and show me his '72 OMEGA SPEEDMASTER CHRONOGRAPH he had stashed away which was mint! As well as a '48 Bulova in an original turquoise felt box. He said he only thought I liked modern day watches and that's why he ever mentioned the others.

Cobber

For a bracelet vs strap/band I usually search: 11/16, 17.5mm, or 18mm in combination with "stainless watch".
During the search for 11/16 or 17.5mm you'll automatically get "vintage" results with a lot of NOS items. During searches for 18mm I'll sometimes add the word vintage to cut down on the results as it's still a commonly used lug width. Keep in mind, unless you find an actual Zodiac bracelet there's a good chance you'll need to either do a little filing yourself or you'll need to take it to a watch maker to do for you. Either way it's a pretty simple task and fairly easily accomplished.

Good luck and congratulations!

jimmydean

So an update- I sent it off (couple weeks ago) to BWG to be serviced and replace the the crystal with a NOS; he's going to re-black and re-lume the bezel but I told hime not to polish it because I like the vintage look/history ;^)

No find on a band I like under $150 so I might just settle for a ss oyster style I seen on fle'bay for $14.

Cant wait to get it back and start wearing it!

jimmydean

So I just received my Seawolf back from BWG, and it looks amazing! I'm very happy with the service, and being kept up to date.
The Wolf fits in fine with my collection and has some history to boot;-)

I put her on a Martac NATO strap...what do you think?

Butch

Man, that turned out real nice. I just love getting Zodiacs from the original owners.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

gwells

looks great! BWG just told me yesterday that mine was done and would be shipped out soon. anxious to see how it turned out.

incountry

Great looking watch!  BWG did a real good job on it for you. Enjoy wearing it and feeling the history that it holds.

jon p

:pimp;       man, the white dial version really pops! i have both black and white, my favorite IS the white, it is easier to see for my tired old eyes. i know,i know, it is actually a silver color!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign