News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

SW markers question

Started by Borka, June 04, 2013, 04:55:13 AM

Borka

Good day guys!
Need your opinion. The digits on the  tags 3,6,9 and 12 original or redone?
Thnx everyone!

jon p

:shuc    appears to be a very good redial, or just the numbers have been redone. notice how they dont quite "fill up" the triangle. usually the redials are a tiny bit too small OR too big and run over the edge of the triangle. just my opinion, anyone else??????

Borka

Yeah - good point Jon! You just read my mind!
The triangles are really fill up. Regarding font - the figures a bit smaller than usual. I looked tons of pics other s/wolves - such size of figures are not uncommon. I am concerned that the numbers are too good (looks like original) to be redial.
Overall the dial is in the really perfect condition.
Here is another picture before restored -

jon p

:agreei :agreei   someone did a beautiful job!! the lume is clean/bright. beautiful dial, i would keep it for sure. i noticed you have the original bracelet, that is a plus, so many SWs are missing it. i would like to know where all of them went! my black dial and my white dial both have them. i bought my black dial in the ft benning georgia PX in may 1968 when i was there for ARMY  basic training!! new for $55.00.

jmh86325

so is the script original and just the markers were redone?

Quote from: jon p on June 05, 2013, 07:43:29 AM
:agreei :agreei   someone did a beautiful job!! the lume is clean/bright. beautiful dial, i would keep it for sure. i noticed you have the original bracelet, that is a plus, so many SWs are missing it. i would like to know where all of them went! my black dial and my white dial both have them. i bought my black dial in the ft benning georgia PX in may 1968 when i was there for ARMY  basic training!! new for $55.00.

How would you like to double your money? :pimp;

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Borka

Jon! They came to me this winter and also from Georgia, Savannah city!
This bracelet was on them originally. The owner was only one and he said that they are not being refurbished, had only been in service three times.
Their condition was disheartening. Bezel was not rotate - he is stuck behind.
So I can still not decide with them in the sense of originality markers ...

Butch - not really understand your comment)) sorry

Butch

Sorry, culture thing. Jon said he bought his SW for $55 in 1968. JMH asked Jon if he wanted to double his money and sell it for $110.00. It was a bad joke so I just groaned at it.

;)
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Borka

Oh! I undersrtand!!!
- just a language barrier!
Thanx Butch! - im learning  :D

jon p

Quote from: Butch on June 05, 2013, 08:51:04 AM
Groan.
:-X
JMH--WOW, do you really mean i can DOUBLE my money on this old watch i have had FOREVER!? i saw it at the PX and this ZODIAK watch was really PURTY, only cost me half of my 100. months pay!

jon p

Quote from: Butch on June 07, 2013, 07:45:33 AM
Sorry, culture thing. Jon said he bought his SW for $55 in 1968. JMH asked Jon if he wanted to double his money and sell it for $110.00. It was a bad joke so I just groaned at it.

;)
BORKA---good to hear your watch came from savannah, GA!! where do you live?  i dont know what you paid but you have an excellent late 1960s  SEA WOLF. it must go to BWG for a complete service, dont worry about the stuck bezel, they all will do that, it is just dirt under the bezel. usually if they will move they are too loose. BWG can fix that, mine was so loose i was afraid i would loose it. it is tight now and if the plating is badly worn he can replate it to look like factory new. the main thing is to have the movement serviced by the best, BWG. you are very lucky to have the original bracelet, it is worth 250. alone!!     JON P

jmh86325

Quote from: jon p on June 07, 2013, 08:25:29 AM
Quote from: Butch on June 05, 2013, 08:51:04 AM
Groan.
:-X
JMH--WOW, do you really mean i can DOUBLE my money on this old watch i have had FOREVER!? i saw it at the PX and this ZODIAK watch was really PURTY, only cost me half of my 100. months pay!

Yep even triple if its real PURTY...:lolz;...but seriously, you can't put a price on personal history/experiences, hope I didn't offend

jon p

jmh---of course there is no offense taken, i thought you comment was really funny!! wouldnt it be nice if we could pick up sea wolfs that cheap. i was not even slightly interested in watches back then, i just saw it in the px and thought it looked good, and i didnt know what an automatic watch was! i was wearing an 11.00 wind up timex when i bought it. i am just thankful i held onto it. in the middle 1970s the seiko lcd came out, i had to have one, i think it was over 200., i had to pay for it, for i think over a years time. the SW went into a drawer, where it was when a good friend who is a watch collector showed me his SW he bought at a ships store on his way back from korea in the early 1960s. i sent mine to BWG to get it "restored" and serviced. original bracelet, black dial with date. who would have thought at this later date it would be worth what it is!! the older i get, i am now 68, the more fun it is to look back!!

Borka

Jon - I live in Russia, Moscow. I was in Savannah couple times in 2010 and 2012 by job. This SW was purchased on kellers flea market there for $300 :D.
1st picture i post here - its "after" pic i mean after bwg - all works fine - bezel is rotate, watch has fully manual and ultrasonic cleaning. Pressure test shows -1,5atm till +5.3atm. Accuracy +10sec. Replace the gasket on the body and in the crown. But the situation with markers - a mystery to me ::)

jon p

BORKA, dont be so concerned about the markers, you have an excellent restored SW and it looks sweet!

evghenii

Restored! :ak47;
Iam right Boris?

Borka

- Who knows, who knows...

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign