News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

nice 10atm zodiac seawolf?

Started by Dutchsiberia, September 09, 2013, 09:10:40 AM

Dutchsiberia

Looks like a nice "proto" seawolf with some "patina" on the white dial.

jmh86325

looks great...i need that bezel!!!

jon p

dial looks either sun or water damaged, probably SUN. everything else looks good, hands are the EARLY "no vein" type. they look like they have fresh lume. zodiac changed to the vein type because the lume kept falling out of the early type! if i got this one, i already have a pristine "white dial", i would have the dial re-done. if you ever see a black dial that looks BROWN that is also sun damage, sellers call it the rare brown dial sea wolf!

gwells

i wonder, since they don't look like they've taken the sun fading the same way as the lume in the triangles, if the hands aren't original to the watch.

jon p

as i stated the hands look like they have FRESH LUME, the light kinda minty green  color. this is what the number marker lume looked like when it WAS NEW ALSO. i own an original black dial 1968 sea wolf that i bought new while in the army. ALL the lume including the triangle on the bezel looked like that. it darkens and fades over the years. the lume in the bezel triangle was real bad to fall out, i dont think mine lasted a year! BWG replaced it when he restored my watch a while back.

jmh86325

the one I just sold :yeller was all original according to BWG, and had the same hand/triangle coloration

jmh86325

So an original seawolf 271272524080 with its patina'd dial sells for $295 but a minty 171118186055 BWG serviced example gets $365... :wtf,,,,I hope this is not a trend :sici

Offshore

@jmh, You know better than to try and make any sense whatsoever  of pricing on ebay.
I just picked up an ultrathin Zodiac mens dress watch with original bracelet, in 95% condition for $50 inc post internationally, Yet some sellers want more than that for post cost alone.
I have an interest in this - 121169817217 mainly because I have some extra links for one of these and can repair it and make it long enough. But the seller wants U$35 just to mail a bloody bracelet...madness...I would be lucky to pay that for the thing as it is, let alone just for the post.
Silly things happen on ebay.
Offshore

Butch

When I used to sell on eBay I used to make a point of saying "actual shipping costs". I dislike those that make money on shipping to make up for a lousy auction sale. And I started offering free shipping at the end when eBay started including the shipping costs in the ending auction price for their final evaluation fee to the seller. If I don't want to make money on it I damn sure ain't gonna let eBay make money on shipping costs.

<sigh> Putting my soapbox away.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign