News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Servicing & Repair in UK?

Started by mikethepipe, July 28, 2014, 03:31:06 PM

mikethepipe

Hello everyone,

Greetings from the UK.  I've only recently had an interest (madness) in watches, and have to confess that I started with Bulova Accutrons!  Sanity came when I stumbled across mechanical Zodiacs and I now focus on these interesting watches.  Already I have a couple of SWs and look forward to adding other models, sooner or later.  Keeping a stock of watch batteries for the 'hummers' is no fun!

My question is:  can anyone recommend a watchman in the UK capable of servicing, and more importantly repairing mechanical Zodiacs?  If there is such an outfit, and I rather doubt it, it would save time/postage in sending to the USA.

Any suggestions, comments would be most welcome 

Butch

Hi Mike,

MOST of us are in the U.S. with BWG. You might try looking up a member here called rdenney. I THINK Rick is in the UK. Here is a thread he started, looks like he takes emails and PMs.

http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/zforums/index.php/topic,2210.0.html
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

mikethepipe

Hi Butch,

Many thanks for the reply and information.  I'll do as suggested and see where that takes me.  I don't have a problem with sending watches to BWG for repair, but it's always useful to have a local backup if at all possible.  It would probably depend on the repair needed - if it required a component specific to the Zodiac movement I doubt that a UK watchman could source it.

I wonder to what extent Zodiac watches were available, or popular, in the UK during the 1970s/1980s?

Butch

They were there. Quite a few appear on the UK eBay.

mikethepipe

Thanks again Butch,

I've contacted Rick, but he's USA not UK based.  He suggested I check 'WatchUSeek' which has a large UK following.

Butch

See? What do I know??? I KNOW there are a couple of Brits hanging out here.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign