News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

another gold bezel GMT

Started by jon p, August 18, 2014, 07:48:13 AM

jon p

:what :wtf  ebay #141377478233   the mystery continues, here is ANOTHER GMT with gold bezel but SILVER dial markers and silver hands. i just sold one like this. there must have been some of these that had a gold bezel ADDED during their life. mine had the original 2 tone bracelet. the 1971 catalog shows gold hands/dial markers, like the 2 tone sea wolfs had. what gives?? we will never know! i told the seller the GMT hand was OK, that is lume on the end, NOT missing red paint. case is pretty beat up, i am watching to see what it goes for.

Butch

I saw that also and thought of yours when I did. So much info lost.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

i bet back in the day the 9KT gold bezel was an inexpensive add on upgrade. when gold was $32.00 an oz that bezel probably didnt cost much at all.

incountry

Hey Jon,
Congrats on selling your GMT. Somehow I missed the sold notice.  I guess some gold bezel GMT's are put together from a mix of parts watches bought online and they don't end up being exact copies of the originals.  My gold bezel GMT was done like that because I didn't know better at the time but I still enjoy owning it and wearing it.  For the longest time my "foxhole" GMT had Sea Wolf hands, a dial face from a "who knows what" Zodiac and a Speidel twist-o-flex band. Only the case, back, crown and movement were still original.
They're like kids; we love 'em all anyway!
  ;D

jon p

:SB:         yeah, if these old watches could only talk, their lives would be a great story. i think the one i sold was nearly original, maybe sometime something happened to the gold trim dial and the only replacement available was a silver trim dial. it still made for a good lookin GMT and my buyer is very happy with it. that is all that matters in the end.sounds like yours is a very unusual combination of zodiac parts, hey, if it works nuff said. i can understand 100% original being very important but if its not it is still enjoyable to me.   :#Clapping :#Clapping

Butch

Cobber

LOL Butch,
I actually like that better than the standard!

Butch

Me too, that is why I had it built.

jon p

:pimp; :woohoo;  HEY,the best looking parts from a bunch of them! old arrow tip gmt hand, white dial SW black hands and i am stumped on the second hand!! maybe 1980 SW??   NICE gmt. rare pepsi acrylic bezel. SWEET. that would be one sweet watch with a JBC jubilee bracelet.

Butch

Thanks. The second hand is from a shovel hand SW. I took all the parts I like and had them assembled.

incountry

Now that's a unique watch Butch.   It  :#Rulz !!

Butch

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign