News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Looks tempting but is it legit?

Started by dfkafka, September 07, 2014, 04:17:07 AM

dfkafka

I am thinking about bidding on this Sea Wolf but I have some reservations.

First there is no picture of the movement which is never a good sign plus I feel like the bezel does not match the watch i.e. could it be aftermarket?

anyway I am just looking for some opinions on if this Sea Wolf is worth bidding on or should I just wait for another one to pop up.

Thanks

edited:  :#Rulz  301305154252

Butch

That is legit. They also made that in the acrylic bezels with the orange markings. The dial in pretty faded though. That will probably go for ~$500. Take a look in the Gallery and even My Watches. 

SWs are very hard to get the back off off, and even hard to get them back on, most of the time there will be no picture of the movement for that reason.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Butch

It got up to $102 when I wrote the last. I just went back to look at something and see it is now cancelled. Add another seller to my Do No Bid with list. I hate it when sellers do this.

jon p

:SB: i have had this happen to me before, someone made him a "an offer he didnt refuse!!" :#rant :#banghead :#C

Cobber

Bummer:(
That was a cool watch. Didn't realize it was available with the non-acrylic bezel.

dfkafka

Quote from: Butch on September 07, 2014, 08:27:47 AM
It got up to $102 when I wrote the last. I just went back to look at something and see it is now cancelled. Add another seller to my Do No Bid with list. I hate it when sellers do this.

damn that is a real bummer I was ready to get into the bidding action.

what's your opinion on this Sea Wolf? 111453533600 (ebay id) I think it looks it decent shape they only thing that concerns me is that it is from Russia, I've heard that sometimes sellers from Russia can be a bit sketchy.

I really like the leather band though.

Butch

Quote from: dfkafka on September 07, 2014, 10:55:51 PM
what's your opinion on this Sea Wolf? 111453533600 (ebay id) I think it looks it decent shape they only thing that concerns me is that it is from Russia, I've heard that sometimes sellers from Russia can be a bit sketchy.

I really like the leather band though.

Really? I can't say that. There are a couple of Russians here in the Forum with whom I have done business with in the past. No issues at all.

He does call out the dial condition, which I don't care for. No mention of a recent services, just lots of new parts. I think for that money, or a little more added to it, you can find a nicer specimen. Were it a true auction and went for ~$250 that may be OK, but it is not.

You can buy the band you like so ignore that unless it is original. When I buy a watch I often tell them to keep the band that is on it is not a Zodiac band.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign