News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Wrong on so may levels

Started by jmh86325, September 16, 2014, 07:56:54 PM

jmh86325

i'll let the pictures speak for themselves   :what ... 151336960176..."excellent preowned condition..."

Caution: zoom in on dial at your own risk :sici

incountry

If that's "excellent preowned condition" I'm dying to see what the seller's idea of NOS is!
And yes JMH, that dial did hurt my eyes!    :lolz;   

Tomcat1960

Can you lend me a helping hand, please? What's so bad about that dial?

Otherwise, I don't find too much at fault with this one - okay, the unsigned crown isn't genuine, I take it, and the plating on the bezel has partly worn off (which is perfectly normal for a Sea Wolf that age and usage). There are scratches, yes, and it's definitely not worth anything near the asking price.

But I'd really love to have a white-faced one in my collection. So can you please enlighten me on what's wrong with this particular one?

Thanks!

Best,
Tomcat
After all's been said and done, there's a lot more said than done...

"Miracles?", he asked. "Forget about miracles. Those who walk on water just know where the stepstones are."

Visit me on Facebook!

Butch

Quote from: Tomcat1960 on September 17, 2014, 02:05:01 AM
But I'd really love to have a white-faced one in my collection. So can you please enlighten me on what's wrong with this particular one?
Best,
Tomcat

I will tackle this piece and leave the rest to others. Most collectors do not want a dial that has been redone. It lessens the value of it. FWIW, to date most of us have never seen a perfect redial, and they look worse when redialed.

If this is the model you want I think you can do better on both condition and price if patient.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

:shuc        that is an EARLY  sea wolf, check the shape of the date window. note how the numbers run over the edge of the triangle. redialers just cant seem to get the size of the numbers correct, either too big or too small. font on dial looks bad. missing original bracelet, bezel really BAD. save your money, you can get an excellent SW for $725.!!!!!!  i just sold a 100% restored white dial with plastic insert perfect bezel, with an original bracelet for less than that! be patient, shop carefully your time will come.

jmh86325

You forgot to mention  they lumed the indices like they were frosting a cake  :lolz;

Tomcat1960

Just to make it clear: I've never even thought about buying this particular watch, let alone at that price. I was just wondering what to look for when trying to find a neat white-faced one.

Thanks!

Best,
Tomcat
After all's been said and done, there's a lot more said than done...

"Miracles?", he asked. "Forget about miracles. Those who walk on water just know where the stepstones are."

Visit me on Facebook!

jon p

:#      Clapping glad to hear you were not considering this one!! i think you probably got a good idea about what to look for in picking a good sea wolf.  :ur

Butch

Quote from: Tomcat1960 on September 18, 2014, 04:23:27 AM
Just to make it clear: I've never even thought about buying this particular watch, let alone at that price. I was just wondering what to look for when trying to find a neat white-faced one.

I did not really think you were. I see you as asking questions and learning what to look for. The thing to remember is that not all of us can spend a lot of money. Sometimes we have to settle. When I started out I would buy one that I could afford that struck my fancy to see if I would like it. Then if I liked it I looked for a better specimen and replaced it, selling off the first one.

I have done this many times and today have several NOS models in my collection.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign