News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Nice to see the site updated

Started by JDS (Ohio), July 31, 2009, 08:20:08 PM

JDS (Ohio)

Butch,

It's great to see the site updated and the forum active again.  I couldn't remember my old user name or password, so re-registered, I assume that won't be a problem.

The chronograph gallery is new, right?  I don't remember it from before anyway, lots of cool Zodiac chronos there.

And just to add to the fun, here is a photo of my newest Zodiac.  I think this is a brother to the one pictured in your Zodiac ad gallery, on the wrist to dude wrestling the snake.  It's about 38mm case diameter, with a dark pewter gray dial and 18mm lugs.  The bezel rotates unidirectionally, but the edges are pretty hard to grip, I usually have to use the whole palm of my hand to get enough contact area to move it.

I was hoping for a black dial, but this will do.  The tritium has pretty much faded out, but there is still a little bit of glow left.  It was buffed just a bit by my watchmaker, so it actually looks better than in these photos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Zaphod04/Sea%20Wolf%20Blue%20Point/P7171239.jpg[/img]

The original owner's father bought this in 1995, I am wondering if it was one of the last of the automatic Sea Wolves (not counting the Super Sea Wolf).

John
John

Butch

Hey! Can you give me the numbers off the back? I will look it up in a catalog.

Butch
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

JDS (Ohio)

My pleasure Butch.  The case back has the number series: 506.55.45. 

The outer box that came with it has a label on one corner that reads:
  45065545A
  SEAWOLF
  $1295.00

The inner, plastic display box doesn't have anything else on it, and the paperwork and manual is all the generic stuff for Zodiacs.  The previous owner said his dad bought it in 1995.

Anything you can find out would be interesting to me.

John
John

jon p

;D so these listed for 1,300.00 new--WOW!!! i have the gold/ss version and love it. i wondered if this one was at the end of the automatic seawolfs. yours is is excellent condition-does it run good? mine seems to take a LOT of shakes to wake it up and get it going but then it does fine. manual winding very stiff--gonna be time for a cleaning soon. i own a new blue 300 meter V-WOLF, nice watch but just not the same. long live automatics.

Butch

Jon, that number does not match the watch (per the books that I HAVE that is). Can you check the number on the back on the watch itself and give it to me? It looks like a 506.55.45, which was a 38mm Auto SW.

Butch
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

JDS (Ohio)

Quote from: Butch on September 05, 2009, 09:01:11 AM
Jon, that number does not match the watch (per the books that I HAVE that is). Can you check the number on the back on the watch itself and give it to me? It looks like a 506.55.45, which was a 38mm Auto SW.

Butch

Butch,
The number on the case back is indeed 506.55.45.  I think the box is in the other room, where my wife is asleep, I'll look at it again in the AM.  If the numbers don't match, I'm wondering what Zodiac the box WAS for, and what the retail for my Sea Wolf actually would have been back in the day.

Jon,
The crown on mine was pretty stiff when I got it, and I had a watchmaker take a look at it (a local guy that also gets a kick out of Zodiacs) right away. It starts up fine now, hand winds easily, and keeps good time, so he must have easily fixed the problem - he didn't charge me for, nor mention anything beyond the cleaning.

John

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign