News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

First Generations Anyone??

Started by Ultra-Vintage, December 19, 2014, 01:18:28 PM

Ultra-Vintage

The First Generation Zodiac Dive Watches (both those labeled as "Seawolf" and those not) may be my favorite of all the standard Seawolfs.  Not only because of their cool look but also the history behind them.  These are at the very beginning of the recreational/hobby diving craze in the US.  That means that although they are sometimes overlooked by unknowledgeable dive watch enthusiasts, they certainly deserve to stand next to the recognized first early dive watches sought out by collectors such as the Certina DS, Enicar Healthways 100 Fathoms, Rolex Submariner, Blancpain Aqualung and others. 

These are 3 that I have been lucky enough to acquire and have recently restored and added to my collection  8)

Any other First Generation Seawolf Fans out there?

Ultra-Vintage

incountry

Beautiful pieces UV and thanks for posting them.  I found the Sea Wolf model on page 20 of the 1955 catalog and they were mounted with what appeared to be the same stainless steel springy expanding bracelet seen on later Sea Wolf and GMT models. I always thought that bracelet came into the Zodiac line up with the '60s Sea Wolfs and GMT's.
"Wrong again but still learning."       :shakinghands       

SteveB

I have a question.  Were the early backs manufactured in two pieces?  In the image showing the reverse sides, the watch to the left with the darker band looks different than the other two.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign