News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

My current Zodiac

Started by Popoki Nui, August 07, 2009, 01:30:42 AM

Popoki Nui

Well...I have no idea why I can see only my own posts and no one else's...but here goes:  I'm a collector and Zodiac is one of my favourite brands.  I have had a quartz GMT, a 1970's SeaWolf, and now a 1990's? SeaWolf.  Here are a couple of underwater pics:

Originally the elapsed-time bezel was all gold-plated, but the plating started to wear badly. I simply polished it aff, removed the black paint from the numbers, and voila...a steel bezel with gold numbers.  

~Sherry.

Sea Wolf

Quote from: Popoki Nui on August 07, 2009, 01:30:42 AM
Well...I have no idea why I can see only my own posts and no one else's...but here goes:  I'm a collector and Zodiac is one of my favourite brands.  I have had a quartz GMT, a 1970's SeaWolf, and now a 1990's? SeaWolf.  Here are a couple of underwater pics:

Originally the elapsed-time bezel was all gold-plated, but the plating started to wear badly. I simply polished it aff, removed the black paint from the numbers, and voila...a steel bezel with gold numbers.  

~Sherry.

Hi Sherry, still working a few glitches with the new forum.  This issue of not seeing other posts when you log in, should be fixed.  Let me know otherwise.  Thanks

SeaWolf
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

JDS (Ohio)

Nice solution to the plating loss Sherry.  By the way, what is the case size on your Sea Wolf?  I bought a 34mm like it, with a gold bezel, that my wife ended up with.  Plus, I just recently bought a 38mm all SS version that I've been wearing myself.

John
John

Popoki Nui

Hi John:  mine is about 34mm too, minus the crown and shoulders.  I'm finding smaller watches harder to read without reading glasses these days!  

JDS (Ohio)

Quote from: Popoki Nui on August 17, 2009, 10:01:28 PM
Hi John:  mine is about 34mm too, minus the crown and shoulders.  I'm finding smaller watches harder to read without reading glasses these days!  
LOL, you and me both!
John

davec73

Hey Sherry,

That Zodiac still looks mighty nice.  I love honest wear on a watch, shows its usefullness as a tool.

jon p

i own one just like yours but with the original stainless/gold bracelet. i wondered when it dated to, so is the 1990s when it was new? i have never removed the back--does anyone know what movement these have? i guess probably ETA. i bought mine on ebay over a year ago and the guy keeps contactig me trying to buy it back!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign