News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Difference between Jet Aeronaut and Aerospace Jet

Started by PLATYPUS, February 11, 2015, 06:24:41 AM

PLATYPUS

Hello

I bought a Zodiac Jet Aeronaut a couple of years ago but the dial is in very poor condition.
I bought on Ebay a dial that I thought was the right one but I was in reality an Aerospace Jet dial.
When I received the dial I realized that the size on the Aerospace Jet dial is smaller than one on the Jet Aeronaut  :yeller

So I would like to know if the Aerospace Jet is really smaller than the Jet Aeronaut and if there's some other differences between the 2 models (movement, case, crown ....)

Thanks in advance for your answer

Regards

Philippe

Butch

I don't share a lot from the catalogs anymore but this is one thing I left up as I, like you, had the same problem and had to do my research. There were 3 different versions of that model over the years, with different case numbers which means other parts are different between models. That model was around for almost 20 years.

http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/gallery/jet.php

Now, let me ask you a question and maybe you can help me with something. This will be in two parts. Please view the link above. Had you found that page before entering your question?
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

PLATYPUS

Hello Butch,

Yes I saw the pictures you posted on the site before I created this topic.
Honestly before having the watch and the dial in front of me I didn't realize that Jet Aeronaut and Aerospace Jet was 2 different models and I didn't pay attention to this "detail" when I bought the dial on Ebay :-(

I will post some pictures of the watch and the dial very soon and will try to measure both with my clock maker.

Regards
Philippe

PLATYPUS

to add some detail my Jet Aeronaut seems to be a 60's model and the dial a 70's model
The original is white and the second is black with the Zodiac logo.

P

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign