News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Calendar On Sea Wolf

Started by stroudart, August 11, 2009, 08:59:21 AM

stroudart

It seems like there was a calendar on my Zodiac Sea Wolf purchased in 1966...I could be mistaken. Does anyone know when the calendar appeared? Frankly, I think the Sea Wolf dial is prettier without that notch chipped out for the date. Plus, there was nothing "quick set" about the calendar. If the watch hadn't been running for a while, that meant a lot of turning [probably not good for the mechanisim] to set the right date. With so many reminders of dates. I'd just as soon leave that off my watch dial. One Sea Wolf I own now has a calendar. But I'd just as soon it didn't. Ben

Butch

You should use the Zodiac "Dateographic" feature. Wind it past midnight to change the date, then back to 8:30p and back to midnight to use the "quick change". Of course, today it is much simpler to change the day and date, but this is how it worked on Zodiacs in the 60s and 70s.

Butch

Quote from: stroudart on August 11, 2009, 08:59:21 AM
It seems like there was a calendar on my Zodiac Sea Wolf purchased in 1966...I could be mistaken. Does anyone know when the calendar appeared? Frankly, I think the Sea Wolf dial is prettier without that notch chipped out for the date. Plus, there was nothing "quick set" about the calendar. If the watch hadn't been running for a while, that meant a lot of turning [probably not good for the mechanisim] to set the right date. With so many reminders of dates. I'd just as soon leave that off my watch dial. One Sea Wolf I own now has a calendar. But I'd just as soon it didn't. Ben
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

stroudart

Good info Butch...I probably ignored the instructions in the box back in 66. THANKS!

jon p

i didnt know my 68 seawolf date changed by going past 12 and the back to 8:30-i will have to try it in the morning!! too late now( 1:15 EST ). ;D :o

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign