News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

The Long Lost Zodiac Bracelets: Why?

Started by stroudart, August 11, 2009, 09:29:12 AM

stroudart

When I was the proud owner of my new Zodiac in 1966, I wasn't particularly impressed with the looks of the bracelet. It was starkly plian even with the Zodiac logo. Also so many other watches were appearing with  very similar looking SS bracelets. After a few years the clasp began to pop open unexpectedly. A jeweler adjusted that frequently with only temporary results. Yet, it was no big deal,.. I just didn't want to lose the watch! Sometimes I'd take the pliers to it myself. I lacked the touch. Unexpectedly it would pop open again. On a trip to Acapulco I found a gold and siver bracelet that just looked dynamite on that white dialed Sea Wolf. I don't remember what I did with the old Stainless bracelet. At the time, I was happy to replace it with something much more Artistic.  Plus the clasp  was very secure. My conclusion is that the original bracelets are rare and expensive now because they were not that good. They became replaced with flexible metal [Spydel is one.] or nylon bands. At the time, those replacement bands were more comfortable and more secure. But Oh my,.. Life isn't fair! My Sea wolf collection would be far more valuable if those SS bracelets were still attatched. With all the sophisticated watch counterfeiting going on, it seems like there must be some honest money to be made producing a few watchbands and crowns with that fabulous Zodiac logo. For now I just have to content myself with once more owning a Sea Wolf. Ben

davec73

Hi Ben,

Finding those bracelets for the Seawolf are pretty hard.  There was gent a while back on ebay who had NOS clasps for the Seawolf.  Pretty cheap too.  I bought one or two to stash away, they sure are handsome especially compared to the dinged/scratched up ones we're used to seeing.

stroudart

Ben would love to get his hands on some of them too!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign