News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

A couple of Zodiacs and other icons from the era.

Started by incountry, April 29, 2015, 09:33:24 PM

incountry

April 30th marks the date that Saigon fell to the communists 40 years ago.  Those of us that are of age will remember the pictures and video of people climbing the stairs to the embassy roof in an effort to get on one of the helicopters to be flown to safety.  To mark the occasion I thought I would share this photo of a few items from my personal collection from that era.  Of course you will spot the Sea Wolf and Aerospace GMT which were popular items sold in the PX's back in the 60's and 70's.  Included also are an original Colt bayonet and scabbard for the M16 and an original M1911A1 Colt .45 auto pistol with holster.   The remaining items are: Military Payment Certificates (MPC) referred to as funny money, an agent orange warning flyer that was dropped from planes before spraying, a Geneva Convention ID card and a PX ration card. The guidon is for the 506th Infantry Regiment (Airborne) which was part of the 101st Airborne Division in Vietnam.
I hope you found the flashback interesting.       

jmh86325

need to add a Ba Moui Ba and a zippo...very nice collection :twothumbsup

Butch

NICE stuffs!

But you need to change out the hammer on that 1911, it looks like a real biter.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

incountry

Quote from: jmh86325 on April 30, 2015, 07:30:34 AM
need to add a Ba Moui Ba and a zippo...very nice collection :twothumbsup

Yes JMH, I remember that beer well.  It was referred to as "tiger piss", and for good reason!
:secrethand

incountry

Quote from: Butch on April 30, 2015, 07:44:20 AM
NICE stuffs!

But you need to change out the hammer on that 1911, it looks like a real biter.

Butch, you're so right about them being biters but that one stays in the safe these days.
I have several new 1911 pistols made by Sig Arms and Kimber that get the action now.
Glad you like the stuff.   ;)

jon p

great photo, I salute you for your service. ten-hut. hand salute!!

incountry

Thanks much Jon.  I appreciate your service also, as well as all the VZers out there that served.  From our earlier conversations off-line I recall that you picked up your Sea Wolf in the PX back in the 60's. I suppose we have to thank the PX's for putting so many Sea Wolfs and GMT's in circulation back then that they are available today for collectors!
:shakinghands

jon p

yeah, I got my black dial SW with date at the ft benning PX in may of 1968, I saw it in its red box and I fell in love with the BIG dive watch. at 55.00 it was expensive, especially on a pvt pay of 97.00 a month! I was wearing a 12.00 timex manual wind at the time. I wore the timex all through basic, it was treated very rough and was so beat I threw it away when I graduated. it WAS still running. my sea wolf  has served me well over the years, and about 3 years ago I had it restored.

Ultra-Vintage

incountry

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign