News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Gmt Dial Legit?

Started by Doogie, June 24, 2015, 04:43:33 PM

Doogie

Hello, I have this dial marked Zodiac aerospace GMT automatic  Swiss made in silver color script and the hour markers are gold color, but the thing that jumps out at me is the size of the hour markers are smaller than all my other gmt dials.
Is this correct or not any help would be appreciated.

Butch

Jon had one of those with gold markers. I think he sold it to another member here too.

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Doogie

Thanks Butch, maybe Jon will chime in with some info

jon p

JON here! the one I had was the gold bezel and two tone JBC bracelet, BUT my dial markers  AND hands were SILVER. catalog for the 2 tone GMT shows gold hands and markers. I think the one I sold, with this info disclosed, may have had a standard dial and hands put on it at sometime in its life before I bought it. it should still be in the member for sale section, goes back at LEAST a year. it still was a good looking GMT, but original.... who knows!!?? the gold trimmed dial you show should be good to go. I hope this helps.   JON P

Doogie

Thanks JON...I tried, (to no avail) find the two tone GMT in the catalogs. So I did a Google Image search and the few pics that had the right angle looked to have larger hour markers. Just odd to me they would've made one so different from the others.
maybe someone here who owns one could upload a picture

Butch

Quote from: Doogie on June 26, 2015, 11:23:29 AM
Thanks JON...I tried, (to no avail) find the two tone GMT in the catalogs.

The big 1971 Catalog.

Sorry I had it backwards with Jon's. Getting old I guess.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jon p

:SB:  :twothumbsup :secrethand  grasshopper forgives you master!!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign