News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Sea Wolf on ebay with non-numbered bezel....is it original?

Started by todd57, July 04, 2015, 03:38:08 PM

todd57

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been here in a while. Not since my nice little SeaWolf was beautifully restored by Butch's watchmaker. I really love this piece and it runs like a top.

Anyway, I saw this on the 'bay and am curious about the bezel. I asked the seller who gave me a rather flippant "who really cares" answer. Sort of funny because my inquiry was very polite and complimentary and didn't really require a snarky response.

Anyway, to the experts here: Is this an original bezel?

ebay item #351441500524

thanks!

Todd

incountry

Hello Todd,
I'm not an expert but I do not recall seeing that Sea Wolf bezel, if it is in fact a bezel, in the galleries or in the catalog pages on zodiaccatalogs.com  The seller was probably flip with you because he knows it's not correct and he did not want to own up to it; he already pointed out several of the shortcomings of that watch (scratched crystal, incorrect crown, unable to open the back to give you pictures of the movement).

todd57

Hi inco,
What you say makes perfect sense to me.
Thanks for the reply
cheers,
Todd

Butch

That is a Sea Skate case. Not a good view of the dial on my phone. {I} have a Sea Sate like that where the dial was so bad I replaced it with a Sea Wolf dial.

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

todd57

So I guess that's what happened here? Someone replaced the Sea Skate dial with a Sea Wolf dial?

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign