News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

What's your daily wearer?

Started by davec73, August 18, 2009, 09:49:06 PM

davec73

Love to see the Zodiacs (or other watches) on others wrists.

Just got this one back, was a project watch that a friend serviced.  He also relumed the hands as the luminous had fallen off the hour hand.  Its an earlier model as denoted by the Swiss on the bottom of the dial and the chunkier lume.  These no date models are clean, no nonsense heavy duty diver watches, no date to distract.

Sea Wolf

My First Zodiac, still favorite.  Found this in Cody Wyoming in a trading post.  It had an old indian
band on it. Purchased only the watch for $25, they wanted $150 alone for the band and I was just a
poor college kid.  I have a nos clasp but no original band for it yet.

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Butch

This is one of my Daily Wearers. Come to think of it, I wear all of my watches. This one was purchased from an original owner who said he had purchased it in the military PX in late '68 or early '69. It is all original. Not a very good picture though. I keep saying I am going to photograph the rest of my watches and get them to Jeff to post on the site. <heavy sigh>

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Popoki Nui

I have somewhere between 50-60 watches that qualify as daily-wearers.  I tend to go thru phases:  sometimes my vintage LED's get the wrist time, then it may be on to vintage mechanical dress watches, or maybe vintage divers.  Right now I'm on a G-Shock kick.   But my SeaWolf is always in the rotation.  When I'm in a mechanical divers frame of mind, my SeaWolf gets the call as often as my Eterna KonTiki and my Orient King Diver.  
Pic:  my SeaWolf (R) on it's winter dress strap. In summer, it wears a blue synthetic waterproof strap.

JDS (Ohio)

Well, like the majority of WIS-s I have more than I can work into a regular weekly rotation, and I have a Marcello C and a couple of Omegas that get worn a LOT.  But of the Zodiac contingent, pictured here, the SSW 100 ATM, the Sea Wolf Blue Point (front left), and one or the other of the Red Point chronographs (back row, towards the right) usually make the rotation.  

(this blue chrono is wearing new shoes now)

And I threw this shot in just for fun. ;)

John

davec73

Hey John,

Your Zodiac collection has expanded by leaps and bounds.  Great mix of vintage and modern (90's).  Those two red point chronos are nice and extremely hard to find. 

JDS (Ohio)

Quote from: davec73 on August 24, 2009, 10:41:49 PM
Hey John,

Your Zodiac collection has expanded by leaps and bounds.  Great mix of vintage and modern (90's).  Those two red point chronos are nice and extremely hard to find. 
Thanks Dave, I just keep pecking away at it.  The black dial Red Point I got from Martin in the UK, a great guy to deal with.  The blue dial I snagged off of ebay, but it needed a bit more work than the seller was willing to admit to.  Still, I think it was worth it, it's only the second blue dial I've ever seen.  I just need a bracelet for it now, to really make it pop.
John

JDS (Ohio)

Quote from: JDS (Ohio) on August 29, 2009, 05:01:53 PM
Quote from: davec73 on August 24, 2009, 10:41:49 PM
Hey John,

Thanks Dave, I just keep pecking away at it.  The black dial Red Point I got from Martin in the UK, a great guy to deal with.  The blue dial I snagged off of ebay, but it needed a bit more work than the seller was willing to admit to.  Still, I think it was worth it, it's only the second blue dial I've ever seen.  I just need a bracelet for it now, to really make it pop.
PS: I managed to leave this one out of the photo by an oversight: Sea Wolf II chronograph.  I know it's quartz, but I like it anyway.

John

Yankees76

Bump this up for some of the new guys!

I'm ashamed to admit I wear a non-vintage Zodiac on most days (though still a Zodiac, if only by name) - though I'm hard on watches so anything vintage is for special occasions. I still don't own a Sea Wolf, or otherwise that would be in the rotation regularly.

My other daily wearer is an automatic Orient "Mako" - a tough as nails Japanese diver. For the $$ this is a great Submariner-inspired diver, with just enough uniqueness and quality to make it into the regular rotation.

What do you guys roll with during the average work day?

Butch

I work from home, clocks everywhere. My wife is constantly amazed that I forget to put one on when I leave the house!

When I go out of town though I usually take a different one for every day. I wear my entire collection except for the Jump Hour and the Regulators.

Still, no kortz though. <sticking nose in air>

Sea Wolf

Butch, what do you carry your watches in when traveling?
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

dbluefish

Well my Zodiacs were not a regular part of my rotation(Omega SMP, B&M Capeland XXL, Breitling SO, Doxa 600T Pro)but since getting this, it has joined the group.

paul

Butch

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign