News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

It took awhile but hens tooth bracelet here

Started by Blubarb, January 21, 2016, 03:07:48 AM

Blubarb

It took a bit of work, not to mention money, but the bracelet is finally on the SW. What do you reckon?

It's 23 links and is quite long as it is.  I was thinking of removing a couple but the pins seem to be spring loaded. I would appreciate some understanding of how links removed from these bracelets? I believe the links have tiny spring bars inside the links, and in order to remove them, both ends of the spring bars have to be pushed in at the same time, just not sure how this is meant to be done, or is there a tool for the job?

Cheers

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Blubarb

Thanks, Butch. I think it's period correct for the 60s SW, at least I hope so.  :coolsmiley

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

jmh86325

gwells

dawej

Looks great!

I managed to get it done using just a regular watch tool, using the rounded pin.

I tried to put the tool into the hole on the outer side of the bracelet, and at the same time tried to "twist" the link, keeping the pin from getting released back into the hole. Then do the same thing on the other side. Hard part is to keep the pin from jumping back inte the hole. Guess two sets of hands would make it easier.

No idea if that made any sense at all...  :lafing

But it's doable.

Blubarb

:twothumbsup

Makes complete sense. Just a lot of faffing about. Thanks.

jon p

:pimp;nice catch, :dancingbanana;  did a white dial sea wolf come with the bracelet? :#Clapping :woohoo;

Blubarb

:pimp;

It did indeed, but was a few links short. I ended up getting that bracelet being sold for parts and raided the links. Phew. A bit of a gamble, but paid off.

jon p

you did excellent, and now you have a lot of extra links worth some money. are you going to restore the white dial SW?? it looked real good, does it even try to run? BWG can do a job on it for you.

Blubarb

Waiting for BWG to contact me so I can send it off.  It's not trying to run. I have had the case back off and it looks nice and clean. The crown staff doesn't seem right, feels loose. I don't think there's a major issue but I am sure BWG can sort it.  It would also be the right time to service the black dial. These Zodiacs are addictive. A mate just managed to score two first generation SW a black and a white dial without date. I am so jealous.

Cheers

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign