News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

SeaWolf- What would you pay because it has packaging?

Started by evan m, April 11, 2016, 03:27:07 AM

evan m

Ive really been on the hunt for a mint NON date model. Saw this today and saved it to my watch list. Not worth what he's asking but the packaging makes it tempting. Too bad its a date model and has the ceramic dial but it has the original band. What would you offer? ebay item 191845442574

jon p

:welc welcome to the forum. that is an excellent black dial w/date SW. with that plastic insert bezel it probably dates more to the early 1970s, not mid 1960s as the seller states. I have a 1968 black dial date SW I bought new in 1968 at an Army PX when I was in basic training. it has the thin METAL BEZEL.  the band on mine is the jubilee  style. the stretch band on the e bay watch is original but it probably the most un comfortable bracelet zodiac ever offered. the box and paper work can cost 100.-150. alone. it IS desirable to have these items, but I feel 1,000. is too high. REMEMBER, it will need a service,  :BGW: :BGW:and that adds probably another 150. to the final  cost of your watch. make him an offer , say 750. and see what happens. all he can do is decline to accept and then you can decide what you want to do. :sm3

incountry

For the price he's asking I would be real picky; there's a lot of brassing on the edges of the bezel, the bracelet still has mung growing between the links and it still shows the scratches despite all the polishing that was done on it.  Also, it's not the watch that you have been on the hunt for so you will have to start the search for that one all over again.  Good luck with your offer; I am sure it will look great after BWG works his magic on it!
:twothumbsup

evan m

YuriyV

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

incountry

Not so fast. A best offer was accepted which could have been in the neighborhood of Jon's suggested $750, or even less.
There's just no accounting for taste.   Too rich for me anyway 'cause I'm just a big  :cheap

YuriyV

jon p

:woohoo; :wehe :#Clapping :secrethand         AM I GOOD, OR WHAT!!?? I just took a bow. :twothumbsup :cheerleader :coolsmiley2

incountry

jon p

thanks, one of my segrams escapes is calling my name!! :twothumbsup :woohoo; :secrethand

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign