News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

I saw a NOS Zodiac on the internet

Started by Woodlands1, April 25, 2016, 12:52:11 PM

Woodlands1

The case on the watch appears to be made of tungsten carbide. Have any of you ever seen on before?

Butch

Give a link or talk about any markings it has.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Woodlands1

The words Vickers 1200 are on the dial.

jon p

:nosmily    do you have the e-bay ITEM NUMBER???????????????

Butch

I thought that wa the one you were looking at. That model was made in the 80's. Very hard "scratch proof" case like the Rados.

jon p

Butch

Dunno, he didn't say. I just know the model he was talking about.

Woodlands1

I should be able to post a photo of the watch in a couple of weeks after I receive it. The photo that was online had the name of the company selling the watch, so I didn't want to violate any forum policy by using it.

The watch is a vintage NOS Astrographic SST with a hard case (1200 Vickers). First and only one I have ever seen like it, but that doesn't mean much.

Butch

I've seen them off and on over the years, but always at a price I would not pay. Interesting though! My wife has a Rado that is about 10 years old that looks brand new still.

Woodlands1

That is interesting about your wife's Rado. I collect Rado watches and have a vintage collection, especially of the Tungsten Carbide cased models such as Diastar, Balboa. The cases don't scratch, but don't drop one because they can crack or shatter in the extreme.

When I saw the Zodiac I thought it had a tungsten Carbide case, and the reason I posted here.

Small world.

Woodlands1

I now have the watch and thought I would post a couple of photos so you would know what model I was talking about. It does have a tungsten carbide case which makes it very difficult to photograph because of the mirror finish on the case. The watch is NOS.

Butch

I always likes that model. Nice catch.

Woodlands1

The case shape reminds me of a Rado Balboa or a Technos Borazon case. Both are resistant to scratches except from a diamond.

I bought a subscription to your catalogs, but didn't see this particular model. I'm guessing early 70s as the 36000 vph movements were dropped by most companies after that time due to cost and the intrusion of cheap quartz models into the market.

Butch

Due to the Rado influence I would lean more to the 80's. There is one catalog (but yours is not in there) from then and they have the same flair.

<shrug> Just my guess though.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign