News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Steel strap for Aerospace GMT

Started by Nomadgi, June 05, 2016, 08:20:18 PM

Nomadgi

Vintage preferred but modern considered. Must have curved ends. Thanks.

YuriyV

Regarding modern ones. On eBay you can find plenty of aftermarket 17mm. Like these:
Non Zodiac, of course. But compatible.

Nomadgi

Thanks - will check it out & should no older / original ones appear. Btw - would 18mm be too tight? That's the leather strap size, albeit it's more flexible. Cheers

YuriyV

Monitor forums and eBay for original bracelets. They are around. Although most of them, sold on eBay, have defects as I can see. So chances to find complete one in usable condition are pretty slim. But possible.

18mm metal bracelet ends don't work for 17.5mm case.

As an option, I'd suggest an original Zodiac tropic rubber strap. Or aftermarket quality leather (calf or croc).
You want exactly 17mm. It will match perfectly.

NOT ENOUGH WRIST TIME

Available now but could be big $$$ for it...

Seller may not want less for it... you could try and bargin with him..

Good Luck !!!

Nomadgi

Thanks for the heads up - that price though - ouch!  :cheap that I am

Butch

$250 for a VERY uncomfortable band. And when the springs break you cannot get new ones to fix it. $7 leather band is a smarter investment, then go buy another Zodiac.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Nomadgi

Thanks Butch - that puts a good perspective on it :-)

incountry

Looking at the fourth picture of that band you can see that several of the links are stretched out already.
As Butch said, you can't get new springs to fix it. IMHO, not worth what he's asking.
I'm a  :cheap too!

YuriyV

Quote from: incountry on June 11, 2016, 08:29:42 PM
As Butch said, you can't get new springs to fix it.

Working to solve this problem. I think it is possible. :sho

incountry

Good luck on your mission Yuri.  I hope you are able to come up with a fix for the springs! 

NOT ENOUGH WRIST TIME

Parts watch w stretch riveted band. buckle doesn't appear to be a Zodiac... maybe your answer to fix this one  391479049851

jmh86325

what I've done in the past was buy a generic band like this 161596330086 and change out the clasp... :twothumbsup

YuriyV

Doogie

I've repaired a couple, PITA. But I use a mainspring out of a very cheap watch the spring was actually chrome looking maybe stainless, but in zig zaging in there it wouldn't break like a black mainspring would. Even made a tool to bend the tab closed leaving it flush at the seam.
I also have a few Tropic bands with acier
buckles if someone needs one.

John

YuriyV

Right, steel will break when bent in shape of zig zag.
Looks like they used to use BeCu. The C17200 alloy could be bent easily, but I found that it is too soft for this application.
Continue looking for right solution.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign