News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Some Sea Wolves Have Had A Rought Life

Started by ChrisG, September 01, 2009, 12:38:27 PM

ChrisG

As you all know. I bought a SW for parts a few days ago from the bay. If the sellers pics, it did not look too bad. The case was nice and it had the ever elusive enamel bezel. Well when it arrived, I quickly opened it to find black goo all over the rotor and various other places in the movement. Some screws had rust on them. Boy, this little guy has gone through allot. Still it was not a bad buy, might even try to fix this one see if it will run. Have not done a full disassemble to see why it is not winding and to clean all the gunk off. Ah almost forgot. The hand set on this one are in very good shape.

I leave you with some pics.

Regards

davec73

hey Chris,

I envy you if you're able to service your own pieces, would make things a heckuva lot easier.  I've taken a plunge on some of those blurry picture ebay specials as well and usually end up with a basket case.  One of these days, I'll replicate those posts where a blurry pic yields a near NOS seawolf (yeah right).  Good thing that a bit of wabi makes the Seawolves look better.

jon p

chris--best of luck on this one--doest look like it is TOO bad, black goo looks like the rotted gasket.new crystal will help-hands/dial presentable--probably even better with a new crystal.keep us posted on your progress.it really IS worth some loving care!  JON P

ChrisG

Hi Dave. I just started doing some repairs, still learning and hopefully not making too many mistakes.

Jon, I do not know if I will repair this one or leave it as a parts watch for other repairs. Have not started to work on this one as I am working on getting the old Viet Vet repaired. Will let you all know how things progress.

jon p

davec73

Quote from: jon p on September 06, 2009, 11:08:57 AM
dave--what is "wabi"??? ??? ???

Hey Jon,

its just wear and tear, or patina or beauty marks,

think it originated from a japanese phrase.  Its used a lot on the broadarrow.net site.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign