News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Goldpoint on E-bay

Started by blauroterfritz, October 28, 2016, 04:54:53 PM

blauroterfritz

Lost my Gold point Chronograph many years ago , diving in northern Queensland. I have been hunting to replace ever since. I found a listing on E-bay , 2 tone Gold point Chrono. Looking closer , I realized the outer bezel is replaced with a Rolex type aftermarket engine bezel and the crystal is not original either. Posted a question to seller , no reply. Made E bay aware , since the watch is advertised as '100% authentic and original' , no reply or action. Is this the standard now?
i'll be back.

Butch

NOTHING on eBay surprised me today. Can you post the auction number?
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

blauroterfritz

Yep, Ebay number is 231655421119. Seller in the US. On the other hand I just had a great experience on Ebay. I spotted a Goldpoint Chrono ,st/steel , just listed , Seller in Italy.( Whenever I had trouble in the past with buyers or sellers , it would have been Italy.) Contacted him , cut a deal , bought than and there , 7days later !!!!!!! the watch is in my letterbox in Melbourne , mint condition , 1-2 sec+ per day ,serviced , just stunning, Cost me AU $850  all up. I'll post some photos later today. Got another one on the go , same chrono ,2 tone from USA , very , very cheap ,see how we go with this one , I'll update. Cheers, Arne.
i'll be back.

Butch

231655421119, the watch is all original. Check the catalogs before buying.

blauroterfritz

what about the bezel and the crystal?
i'll be back.

Butch

Are they not part of the watch?

blauroterfritz

you stated the watch is all original.There is a reference 406.41.15 in the catalog , but the bezel and crystal of the watch on E bay is very different. The original outer bezel has a 60 minute scale and the watch on E bay has a aftermarket engine style bezel fitted , as well as the crystal being Plexi with a magnifier and not sapphire domed as the original.
i'll be back.

Butch

I apologize blauroterfritz! You are absolutely correct on all counts. In my haste I was looking at something else. Nice catch here. I was not even aware (or remembered?) that the 2 rings were separate. I have not had one of those watches for 15 years now. I thought I had a NOS case like that one but cannot seem to find it right now.

Thanks for sticking to you guns and calling me out on it. I don't do this often but here is a picture of what he caught. This is what it that model SHOULD look like.

blauroterfritz

:secrethand Thank you for the feedback , thought i am going weird , ' seeing things'. Yes , the inner tachymeter bezel is fixed ,the outer ,one directional 60 minute scale outer bezel is one directional, to set and check diving times. Cheers , Arne.
i'll be back.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign