News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

How can I tell the age of my Sea Wolf?

Started by GrantMiller, January 11, 2017, 03:26:46 PM

GrantMiller

I was told by a dealer that it is 60's vintage but I would like to know what year it was made (if possible). What does it mean if the backing is smooth with no information on it like mine? It works great and the bezel spins (but doesn't click...)

jmh86325

Quote from: GrantMiller on January 11, 2017, 03:26:46 PM
What does it mean if the backing is smooth with no information on it like mine?

That the previous owner had access to a buffing wheel...and wasn't afraid to use it  :no not me

Butch

What is the number between the lugs under the 6?
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

GrantMiller

Hi Butch, it looks to me like it reads: 1688596  and I popped the case back off so you can see her innards :-)

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

GrantMiller

YuriyV

Quote from: jmh86325 on January 11, 2017, 04:45:33 PM
That the previous owner had access to a buffing wheel...and wasn't afraid to use it  :no not me
Bezel over-polished and re-plated as well.

ghostlyproduct

I like that "swan-neck" type regulator from the movement shot. It's a little buffed but should wear nice and shiny now! No one is going to use that timing bezel for diving now anyways! :beer

jmh86325

Grant: do you have a picture of the inside of the case back?

Fellow zodiacs: doesn't the "flat" on this case back seem larger than a std SW case back?...or is it just me

GrantMiller

I didn't take a pic of it but I can tell you it has no markings of any kind inside or out and it fits very snug with a solid *snap*. I'm a Seawolf noob but I've never seen one with an unmarked caseback. It looks as old as the rest of the watch but since it's obviously had some cosmetic work done, is it possible the wrong caseback was slapped on it from another Zodiac at some point or were there some SW's released with that type of back?

YuriyV

As on me, the case back is not Zodiac Sea Wolf

GrantMiller

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign