News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

new member new purchase needs band repair

Started by svgb123, February 02, 2017, 05:45:35 PM

svgb123

Hello all, just purchased a 60s (according to seller) Sea Wolf on Ebay. It has an original Zodiac band that the seller indicated would need repair. Is this a simple fix that any watch repair outfit can handle, or one that has Zodiac experience? Some of the springs between the links are missing

Butch

That particular band is not repairable. Sorry.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

svgb123

Ouch!  Thanks for the info. Hopefully I didn't over pay - 600 US$.
Would a vintage watch company that  "stands for quality, passion, integrity, and horological awesomeness" know that the band is unreparable?

YuriyV

Looking at that very good used condition, I'd admit you did not overpay much. Enjoy it.

ghostlyproduct

That's a pretty good looking Sea Wolf! Sucks about the band, but you could always source another either here or through eBay. They don't come cheap, personally I would throw it on a G-10 strap and rock it that way  :beer

jon p

very nice SW, bad bracelet! start your search for a zodiac jubilee style bracelet, it may take a while. for now, find any 17.5MM bracelet so you can wear your watch. be sure to get it serviced. I have the same SW I bought new at the army PX ,ft bening GA, may of 1968. jubilee bracelet, new $55.00 !!  :wehe :what

gwells

the important thing is that you have the end links. there are bracelets out there w/o end links which are less expensive than with them.

jmh86325

Here is mine that i retrofitted with a retro band from squinky

NOT ENOUGH WRIST TIME

Midsize steel vintage Oyster watch band 1960s spring link 17.3mm or 18mm ends
$195.00  or Best Offer
+$5.99 shipping

Seller: mentioned in previous messages in this thread

Item: 162134725

CHECK IT OUT

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign