News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

everyone who loves gmts raise their hand

Started by jon p, September 04, 2009, 10:47:21 PM

jon p

just got my first GMT after admiring a friends for years.i got it on ebay for $162.00 and it is isnt bad at all-lots of scratches on case and no bracelet BUT nice black dial / hands and the older metal bezel retaining the green triangle paint. bezel loose but clicks slightly-hope cleaning under it will help.it is in the shop now-my watch man is cleaning it.this one has slim pointed hands-sorta like skinny old seawolf hands and a red arrow tip gmt hand.thought hands were wrong until i saw another one just like it on the big ben.com web site. everyone needs to check out this site-LOTS of great zodiac watch pics! my gmt felt like it was skipping teeth when hand winding-repair guy said pinion gear and clutch ( not sure what those do ) were bad.also it has wrong crystal-no gasket. watch running slow-started right up with 2 shakes-so the cleaning is needed. i guess 150.00 not too bad to fix it-will have a NICE GMT when it is finished. i would like to hear from any GMT fans out there!!            JON P

Sea Wolf

I am looking forward to the GMT on it's way to me.  I've been reading up on this model as much I can.
:)

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

jon p

;D seawolf--man you have got a fantastic GMT there!!! WOW-i am envious. looks perfect. beautiful bezel, etc. original bracelet.

Sea Wolf

I'll have it next week.  New bay purchase.  Very excited to receive it.

;D
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

JDS (Ohio)

None yet, but I keep adding those black & gray bezel GMTs to my watched items list, so sooner or later...    BTW, what was the actual site you recommended for Zodiac shots?  I tried bigben.com and big ben.com, but kept getting either lists that didn't include a watch site, or a site that wanted to sell me domain names and didn't want me to leave (sort of like a pushy salesman stuffing his foot in the door  :D).
John

jon p

JDS---for the zodiac pics try bbwatches.info,that should take you there.

JDS (Ohio)

Quote from: jon p on September 07, 2009, 09:34:07 AM
JDS---for the zodiac pics try bbwatches.info,that should take you there.
Thanks Jon, that did the trick.
John

jon p

;D ;D ;D  JDS-glad you got to the site with the zodiac pics. i have a GMT with the skinny hands and the red arrow tip gmt hand like is shown in the pics. when i got mine i thought it had the wrong hands,but now i have seen two the same.it has the metal bezel so i am guessing it may be an early model, i think all the later ones had the wide 2 color bezel that was a plastic(?) insert. there is ALWAYS something to learn about zodiacs!!   JON P

blackroad

I have an Aerospace GMT which I bought in Germany in 1969.  Unfortunately the bezel popped off and I was not able to locate it.  Does anyone have an idea about how I can get the bezel replaced.  My local jeweler is unable to help.

jon p

;D   blackroad---welcome to the site! keep searching ebay-a bezel shows up every now and then. i found one for a friend about 6 months ago--he had been looking for years. they arent cheap and sometimes in poor condition. i lucked out and found this one in perfect shape with a winning bid of $38.00. good luck and dont give up.   JON P

JDS (Ohio)

Well, y'all got me to looking at the enamel GMTs now, I added one to my watch list so maybe...  I'm still more of a SSW/SW and red point junky though.
John

Cobra Jock

jon p

;D   man that looks great!! does your bezel click firmly? my gmt is still in the shop--he had to order parts,it needed a pinion gear and a clutch. its been a month now-hope to get it back soon. he is also cleaning an early 1960s bulova automatic dive watch and putting the correct crown on it. yep--i collect other brands of watches also.

Cobra Jock

Bezel looks and works great - clicks and all, I got lucky there.  When I got it the case and crystal were in sad shape and looked like some dork tried opening the back with, apparently, a tire iron.   The watch repairman I sent it to brought it back to useful life.  While the Trituim lume no longer works and I'd never dare take it diving, it serves well now as a day sports watch.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign