News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.... Chronograph that is.

Started by Butch, September 05, 2009, 09:05:49 AM

Butch

OK, some of you guys have to own some Chronos, right? OK, let's see them!
I just gave Jeff some better pictures of mine to post in the My Watches section.
My GMT 3 Reg. Chrono is one of the 2 most prized specimens in my collection.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

davec73

Sadly, never been able to get my clutches on one.  A friend owns a really nice Super Seawolf chronograph.

Butch

Ahh Dave, that is another rare one, the 3 Reg SSW Chrono. While never a fan of SSW (little girly wrists), I too would like one of those some day, but they are like hen's teeth to find.

Nalu

Searching for a Zodiac Libra!

JDS (Ohio)

I think these 2 Red Points are from the early or mid 1990s?

This Sea Wolf II is likely from 2000, and is quartz

By  the way, if anyone runs across a Zodiac bracelet for that blue dial Red Point out there, shoot me an email.  It takes the same as the black dial - 20mm presidents style.  The only other example of the blue dial I've ever seen had its original bracelet, and that made all the difference, really set that cobalt dial off.
John

Butch

Those two Red Points are indeed from the 1990's. The black one is on my list to buy, once I collect all the old ones I want!

Sea Wolf

I'd like to purchase the Seawolf II, let me know how much this costs.

Thanks  ;D
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Contact me for any technical issues related to the website.

Butch

Hey Sea Wolf! You're off topic! Wrong forum! Don't make me lock you out!

JDS (Ohio)

Quote from: Butch on September 17, 2009, 04:17:44 PM

Butch, LOL, no worries no need to ban your admin - mine's not for sale at this point anyway.    ;D

Sea Wolf, I do see them come up on ebay once in awhile, which is where I got mine.  I also have been sort of keeping an eye out for a black dial NON-chronograph version.

John
John

Sea Wolf

Quote from: JDS (Ohio) on September 19, 2009, 04:22:46 PM

Butch, LOL, no worries no need to ban your admin - mine's not for sale at this point anyway.    ;D

Sea Wolf, I do see them come up on ebay once in awhile, which is where I got mine.  I also have been sort of keeping an eye out for a black dial NON-chronograph version.

John

Hi John,

What search terms do you use on the bay to find the SW II?  I have never seen one on ebay and I look every day.

Thanks
webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

JDS (Ohio)

Quote from: Sea Wolf on September 19, 2009, 05:37:01 PM
Quote from: JDS (Ohio) on September 19, 2009, 04:22:46 PM

John

Hi John,

What search terms do you use on the bay to find the SW II?  I have never seen one on ebay and I look every day.

Thanks

I used "Zodiac" in the watches category for a long time.   About a year or so ago though, I added exclusions of "pugster, libra, capricorn, victorinox", etc.  That cut down on a lot of the junk returns.  I can't see any way to filter out the Fossil Zodiacs though, as some listings will contain the name Fossil somewhere, pointing out that the watch they are posting is from BEFORE Fossil.  So far this has been working.  I haven't seen a Sea Wolf II for a long time, at least a month or so.

BTW, the SWII is what I wore today.
John

Sea Wolf

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

Butch

Ultra-Vintage

Here is one of mine.....

This one is still one of my favorite Zodiacs in my collection even though I have had it for a while.  In my opinion this is the most attractive dial that Zodiac used on any of its chronos.  I like how the large curved square case and flat brick bracelet look together as well.  I believe this is the only model that Zodiac used this particular Kreisler band on, and I think they were the only company besides Omega to use a band of this particular construction (although Butch would probably know more about that than I do).

Butch

Not to bust your bubble UV but by the time your watch was made they had switched over to JB Champion bands. Now, I LIKE your band, so don't get me wrong. And as I have said in other topics here, the customer was always king and the jeweler would put any band from any other watch on a model to make the sale.

Here is a picture from the 1975 catalog. Your model is not in the 1971 catalog.

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Butch on March 23, 2010, 07:25:02 AM
Not to bust your bubble UV but by the time your watch was made they had switched over to JB Champion bands. Now, I LIKE your band, so don't get me wrong. And as I have said in other topics here, the customer was always king and the jeweler would put any band from any other watch on a model to make the sale.

Here is a picture from the 1975 catalog. Your model is not in the 1971 catalog.

Interesting, I knew you would know about the band.  So which model Zodiac did it likely come from?  I like the way my band looks with the watch more than the band from the catalog picture though.   I dont know why but I never really liked the look of the bands that had narrower lug sizes and then wider first few links to try and match the width of the case.

Butch

My guess is maybe from one of the SST models? Or a band that the Zodiac clasp fit and someone else put it onto a long time ago. Tough to say to honest.

Here is one that was similar, but tough to tell looking in the '75 catalog.

Sea Wolf

webmaster
VintageZodiacs.com

TJW

Ultra and SW:  Yowza!  Those watches are gorgeous!  I've always been a 'fewer moving parts is better' kind of guy, but those chronos are hard to top for superb dial design.  I'd put them in the same class as the Heuer chronos of the early 70's.
                                                                                TJW

jon p

:( :o beautiful chronos guys, wish i had a zodiac, maybe some day. i DO own 2 wakmann chronos, a 3 register and a 2 register, they are outa site-perfect condition and values going up every day! i have had them a while, i couldnt afford them now. a zodiac is on my LONG wish list along with a zodiac triple date. BWG has a nice triple for sale now but finances arent  cooperating right now if you know what i mean.  congrats everyone on the nice chronos--you all have my envy!  JON

stangrant

AlphAlphA

Hello,
I would show you mine if I had one. I've admired Zodiacs for a long while. I'd love to own one. I personally prefer a watch with hands that don't hide information, especially the date when it's quarter past the hour and I can't remember what day it is. I hope one day to wear a Sea Wolf.  I like the Sea Wolf bracelets. I like the name ZODIAC. For now I have to make do with a humble Seiko 5. I enjoy looking at the Zodiac photographs. I have a lot to learn. I enjoy reading the posts. I just joined the forum.

jon p

8) alpha--welcome to our forum--ALWAYS great to add a new member! get ready, the zodiac bug will bite you. ebay is a great source for watches,just check with the forum members under "i saw it on the internet" section to be sure you are looking at the real thing.    JON P

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign