News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

My Seawolf (new member)

Started by Skyraider59, May 21, 2017, 03:12:08 PM

Skyraider59

Hi Guys after a few months of looking at Zodiac Seawolf, I pulled the trigger and got myself one. I know this is not in perfect condition and not fully complete, but I could afford this one and I have been wearing it for about a week now and I LOVE it. I am amazed on how accurate she is, I have a few Seiko which are not bad but the Seawolf is a fantastic time keeper. About 5 second slow after 3 days. No service history, the guy (a collector)  who sold it to me, traded it for another watch 10 years ago while on vacation in the USA. Apparently the guy he befriended, was wearing it at the time and they did a straight exchange  the original owner served with the 199th Inf Brigade in Vietnam and wore this watch during his tour and since he came back. The information was received after I purchased the watch  when I asked him how he got hold of it, so no reason to doubt him but can not verify of course!, The Cristal has been replaced so is the crown as no logo on it, the face as a small mark which I recon probably happened when the original crystal was damaged?, there also his some dust inside the inner face of the crystal and no original bracelet but an in keeping one. That about it. I am very please to have joined the Zodiac Seawolf owners family! Here are some photos. JL

Skyraider59

Skyraider59

another one wearing my Seawolf

Skyraider59

Can some one tell me the year of production, I believe she is an early model as no date window, serial number 702-106 see photo, not taken by me  but photo from the previous owner

Skyraider59

Butch

Very nice example. Be sure to read the service tab though. The serial number is between the lugs under the six. What you showed was the case number.

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Skyraider59

Sorry serial number is hard to read but i believe to be 1682971, the second number is hard to read with a choice of 0 or 6 BUT, I am pretty sure, this is a 6.

Butch

Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Skyraider59

Skyraider59

Has anyone in the UK had his Seawolf Serviced? I would be interested to find out where and if they were happy with the result. What sort of time keeping you can expect from a serviced watch (6 days 15s) slow, lost its first  5s in its first 3 days, so I am very pleased but do kind of wonder what to expect. Thanks

Nomadgi

Hi.

I'd say less than 3s a day is excellent for a 50 yo watch. My Zodiacs - a GMT and a SST are on average 3s/day adrift. Even chronometer standard movements are +/- 2s a day.

If it needs a routine service in UK I can highly recommend Christian owner of 'WatchGuy' (google it) or his ex-apprentice now on his own - Mitka (mitka.co.uk). Both have done excellent work on my Omega, Zenith and Girard Perregaux, the latter requiring complete renovation.

Enjoy your diver!

Gi

Skyraider59

Excellent, thanks very much, my other watches for the moment are not getting much wrist time1

YuriyV

Five seconds in three days is very good performance!

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign