News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Unusual (?) Glorious

Started by Mugea, June 24, 2017, 08:57:43 AM

Mugea

Landed just recently a nice Glorious:

The design is a bit unusual (?) - at least, it differs from the typical Glorious look of these Zodiacs you will find mostly. I found only two others which are similar to mine:

Kal. 721 (FHF 721), SN 1076408
http://www.antiques-atlas.com/antique/a_gents_1950s_zodiac_glorious_wrist_watch/as170a2943

Kal. 1094 ; SN 1036538, case back number 771, inner dial black instead of gold:
http://www.chrono24.com/zodiac/vintage-glorious-mens-watch-60s--id3436522.htm

As I just LOVE boxes I put it in a generic box (no model name inside the lid):

I guess, the box is too late, as I have seen these blue boxes for the Spacetronic. So I assume, the box is of the early 70s.

Anyway: what is also interesting: in the catalogs (at least, in the catalogs for the US market) the Glorious is not called a Glorious, but is described as the Hack Series. I wonder why?

Regards

Martin

Ultra-Vintage

Butch would probably know best, but I am guessing it is because many of the Glorious models have movements based on the FHF 70.  The FHF 70 had A LOT of variations, one of which being the 721 used in the Zodiac Jet Aeronaut which was a hack set (I have seen Jets that hacked, and others that did not as they did not even have the cut-outs for the hack set parts). 

They used those same variations in the Glorious and other models.  I have/had Glorious models in the shop recently in various configurations; FHF 72 with a date, 721 with hack set, 721 with date, and 721 with hack set and date etc.

These were not the only movements used obviously, as your 1094 is based on the ETA 1080. 

The very first Zodiac I ever owned was a Glorious I bought from a local pawn shop so I have always liked them.  Nice pick-up  :sm3

YuriyV

And this one may have a hacking feature as well. ETA1080 designed to hack second.
Very nice cosmetic condition, BTW.

Mugea

Oh, forgot to mention: yes, it has a hacking feature.

Regards

Martin

Butch

My guess is the very early 60's. Nice specimen!
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

noelekal

A fine precision watch indeed!

Thanks for posting the photos.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign