News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

New Member with his first Zodiac Aerospace GMT

Started by Fliegerchrono, March 22, 2018, 12:38:38 PM

Fliegerchrono

Hi everybody!

Here's Fliegerchrono a newbie from The Netherlands on this forum. I am a watch collector with quite a larger collection about 35 pieces, lotsa soviet vintage watches, some modern day Swiss, some chinese, some european vintage and I am the guy who came up with the concept of the Aramar Long Beach Racing Chronograph.

Today I received my first Zodiac, a lovely 60's Aerospace GMT, looks great, bezel insert is intact, dial looks untouched, runs nicely!

A couple of things need to be done:

-A new acrylic crystal, this one has some "crackling" and they are not too expensive too replace, my watchmaker can measure it and order a new one, or does anyone here have the measurements and/or an order number?

-Since the lume on the hands is more black/grey then at the end of the indices a bit of new (yet coloured too look a bit odler) lume on the hands would look great

-I would like a new crown, signed (if not I will use a generic one) does anybody know where I can get one and/or what the measurements are?

Cheers !

Butch

Nice specimen! We already talked about the crown. I would just relum all the hands and not worry about aging them. Your watchmaker should be able to measure and get a replacement crystal. Shouldn't cost much.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

YuriyV

Lume look healthy as I can see. Would suggest to don't touch the dial and hands.

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign