News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

Zodiac Hermetic Chronograph - need some help

Started by Blubarb, April 22, 2018, 11:06:34 PM

Blubarb

Hi all

I need some help to get a ballpark date on this Zodiac Chrono. I have trawled through the catalogues and couldn't find a reference to it, but knowing my scanning process I could have missed it  :rolleyes;  though I don't think so...I hope not...

Anyway, any info would be really appreciated. The watch is fully functional and runs well.

I am afraid these are the only pictures I have until it arrives.

Ultra-Vintage

Landeron movement?  My best guess would be 1950s.  Every Zodiac Chrono that I have had in of that style was a Landeron (not signed Zodiac on the chrono bridge, blank) and was from the 50s.  Most of the 1940s pieces were square pusher, and the 1960s pieces started a different style trend from models like this.

Butch

Thanks UV. That was my quess too but I was awaiting the SME to weigh in.
Collecting Zodiacs is not for the meek; be an educated collector.
Click below to see our subscription service and support the web sites.

Blubarb

Thanks gents.  :sm3

I am thinking that the lume has fallen out of the hands at some point and then been totally removed?  Agree?

Ultra-Vintage

Quote from: Blubarb on April 23, 2018, 08:54:58 PM
Thanks gents.  :sm3

I am thinking that the lume has fallen out of the hands at some point and then been totally removed?  Agree?

Yep, would have been fully lumed to start.  But as I tell collectors all of the time, the lume (if original) is often the most fragile thing on a vintage watch......

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign