News:

Most photos can not be viewed without registering for a free membership.

Main Menu
Be an informed Zodiac Collector. Check out the Vintage Zodiac Catalogs Website

restoring scratched brushed finish

Started by jon p, September 18, 2009, 12:20:12 PM

jon p

:o :o ;D   i just discovered a restoration aid that REALLY WORKS! the scotch brite green pot scouring pads from the grocery store work like a miracle on scratches on s. steel and titanium.a friend put me onto this and it is fantastic. a little "elbow grease"and you get a perfect brushed finish again. if you want a little more shiny finish once the scratches are gone simply polish with a metal polish. i use blue magic and mothers--both are made for aluminum and mag car wheels and work great. just keep away from gold PLATING--they will remove it. i have removed badly worn plating( over s. steel,NOT over BASE metal) with them to end up with a nice stainless steel finish. i thought you all might be interested in these tips.by the way-the metal polish works great on plastis crystals also.   JON P

JDS (Ohio)

I'd steer clear of the metal bezels on the Sea Wolves too, those are plated as well (some form of chrome).
John

Cobra Jock

I've been using those green pads to restore the finish of the clasp on my Omega Seamaster (yes, I do have other-than-Zodiac watches) from time to time - works great. 

jon p

;D another quick resto trick i use on bezels with paint missing from the numbers---a sharpie fine point marker works great. just rub over the number and wipe the excess--nice black filled numbers once more. worked great on both my SW and GMT. paint is fine also-just more work and more messy to do.

Cobra Jock

Copyright • 2022, All Rights Reserved. This site may not be reproduced.
By accessing this web site you agree to not take any images for use on any other web sites.

• Advertising Information • | • Privacy Policy • | • About Us

Visit the Zodiac manufacture's web site at www.zodiacwatches.com for all your post-1990 Zodiac needs.
This web site is not affiliated with Fossil, Inc, current Zodiac brand owners

Website by Face Forward Studios

Clebar Watches
Zodiac Sign